Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
TheBean
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Koodo

Issue PR 104184

[ Edited ]

Hello Blackberry,

This is for the blackberry developers.

When is the issue PR 104184 going to be fixed???  

It seems like there are apps people would like to write, but with the playbook going into standby it causes problems. 

I myself would like to write a quick pay terminal app for my business, so I can track their loyalty and gift cards.  With the playbook going into standby this pretty much kills this.  

My app needs to be running all the time.  I would love to code it to sleep/lock afterhours and come back alive during business hours.  Have the screen dim whenever I want and pull it out of dim do display ads or provide user interaction for the loyalty and gift cards.

Either fix the keep_awake issue or give us the ability to turn standby off in the options when it is plugged in.

For 199.99 that I bought this playbook for... I don't care about the battery.  I don't care if it ruins the battery.  The playbook will always be plugged in.  Once it dies it will be cycled out for a new one...  So don't use the excuse about it ruining the battery and the screen life, because that isn't my issue nor do I care about that.

It's very frustrating that I've spent several months writing this app, built a physical stand to house it, purchased other equipment to put this whole system together, only to be kiboshed by this feature.  THAT:

1.  Should be working that isn't (no big deal bugs happen, but that should be fixed)

2.  Has been known about for well over a year, but still isn't fixed.

3.  Users have no finite control over their device, to prevent standby.

We are the users.. We need that ability... please fix it.

Mark

Please use plain text.