Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
HaTaX
My Device: Passport / Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Issue with WebWorks SDK 2.0.0.4, Getting a compile error...

Well, at one point I had a fully functioning SDK but it seems it somehow broke and I'm hoping someone here has seen this so I don't have to track it down. :smileyhappy:

This started after I installed my signing keys on this system, not sure if it's related or not, but it is the only thing that has changed.

Here's what I'm getting:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.0.0.4
\bbwp>bbwp "c:\Projects\tbs\Hello World\HelloWorld.zip"
[INFO]                  Parsing command line options
[INFO]                  Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO]                  Validating WebWorks archive
[INFO]                  Parsing config.xml
[WARNING]               Failed to find a <feature> element
[WARNING]               Failed to find the <author> element
[INFO]                  Populating application source
[INFO]                  Compiling WebWorks application
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.12789641381305276725670.tmp\
webworks\loadingScreen\Transitions.as(70): col: 13 Error: Access of undefined
property Tweener.

Tweener.removeTweens(loadingScreen);
            ^

I then get quite a few more errors basically saying wherever Tweener comes from is not being included...

Tried uninstalling it and making sure all the folders were gone, twice, to no avail.

Anyone have a good idea of a place to look?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SteveAtMKS
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Issue with WebWorks SDK 2.0.0.4, Getting a compile error...

When I got that error, it was because I was using the wrong SDK.  In my case, I had been using the SDK for phones while trying to run bbwp on my tablet application.  Installed the right SDK, and the tweener problem went away.

Please use plain text.
Developer
HaTaX

Thanks! Gives me something to look at and see what I can find.  The SDK installed is for sure the Playbook SDK as this is a development VM I setup just for that purpose.  Also, as I said before I was getting a complete compile no more then a day or two ago, this started up after I installed my signing keys and deployed a debug token to my Playbook.

I'll take a look at the blackberry-tablet-sdk folder and see if I can find any recent changes in it.  Maybe even a reinstall of the Adobe AIr SDK would help as well.  (Air and WebWorks SDK are installed, Air SDK works fine still)

Please use plain text.
Developer
HaTaX

Found my issue!  When I installed it I pointed it at the 4.5 folder for the AIR SDK, I reinstalled it with it pointed at the blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.0.1 folder and life is good now!

Now I've just got to get over the failure 500, unsigned bar file error when deploying with a debug token.... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SteveAtMKS
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Be sure to read this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Deploying-an-Unsigned-applicatio...

In short, you need to include a blackberry-tablet.xml file (storing the author and authorId) alongside the config.xml file when you package your bar file.

Please use plain text.