Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

Issues building a project

Hi there,

I'm ready with my WebWorks project, but some things seem to be different from the AIR approach. So if someone could help me with these issues:

1.) How can I compile a "release" build? My manifest.mf (in .bar) shows an application ID starting with "test".

2.) I set the correct publisher in blackberry-tablet.xml and author in config.xml, but the popup still says: 'Application [Appname] by "Sample Inc." requests the access_internet capability'. (I manually added this to the permissions in blackberry-tablet.xml) Why "Sample Inc"?

Thanks.

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
New Contributor
My Device: playbook simulator
My Carrier: none

Re: Issues building a project

I have the same issues after I moved to 0.9.5 sdk. 

After I updated the publisher under blackberry-tablet.xml, I have to rebuild the bar, then sign it.

When I sign it again, i don't see the test.inc error

However, now I am seeing the 

Error = Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].
]
barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].

Error = Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].]barsigner error: server error: Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].

Not sure how to make a release build, please help.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook simulator
My Carrier: none

Okay, I couldn't figure out how to just build a release build, but I was able to create a signed build by the following script (it creates and signs the build)

./bbwp <yourzipfilepath> -gcsk <yourpassword> -gp12 <yourpassword> -buildId <yourbuildnum> -s archive_source -o <youroutputfolder>
This is the output
[INFO]       Parsing command line options
[INFO]       Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO]       Validating WebWorks archive
[INFO]       Parsing config.xml 
[INFO]       Populating application source
[INFO]       Compiling WebWorks application
[INFO]       Packaging the bar file
[INFO]       Bar packaging complete
[INFO]       Starting signing tool
[INFO]       Signing complete
[INFO]       WebWorks application packaging complete

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

Does signing actually work? I mean: do you get all the required files in your Metadata folder? BB command line tools often do not do the things they tell you they have done. Smiley Wink

But signing does not make a lot of sense anyhow for test123 files... Could someone clear this up for us?

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Yes..signing works.. I just unzipped the bar file i submitted it has all the RDK.*, AUTHOR.*  in the META-INF folder.