Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
tech_wizard
My Carrier: vodafone

Issues when a cross platform android app is run on Blackberry 10 alpha simulator

I am facing problems in running a cross platform android App in blackberry 10 Alpha simulator.The App works fine when run in iphone,android devices.But when I run it in blackberry 10 it doesn't load the template files hence a blank screen.The project is based on backbone framework hence template files.Currently the files are local in my hard-disk. I am loading the templates using an ajax call. The logcat output generated of the same is listed below:- 02-08 05:30:51.861: D/CordovaLog(233525377): {"readyState":4,"responseText":"","status":404,"statusText":"error"}

I have added in config.xml file . Is there anything else I am missing to make the app run on blackberry 10?? I had the same issue with nook HD which was avoided by using super.appView.getSettings().setAllowUniversalAccessFromFileURLs(true); in the onCreate method.But since blackberry uses 2.3.3 of Android,I am unable to add the same settings. Please let me know If I am missing any specific configuration related content for blackberry 10.Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: Issues when a cross platform android app is run on Blackberry 10 alpha simulator

You need to whitelist in config.xml any domain that uses AJAX and you're never gonna be on the same one from what I read (and experience)

e.g.

<access uri="http://<domain>" subdomains="true" />

This is what is most likely going wrong

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tech_wizard
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Issues when a cross platform android app is run on Blackberry 10 alpha simulator

hi,thanks for the response.Unfortunately I have already tried that but gets the same error.
Please use plain text.