Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

JavaScript Alert (Access to"data:font/opentype;charset=utf-8;base64"

[ Edited ]

I submitted HTML5 app (port of Pocket Island) to app world, but now I received BlackBerry App World Notification - File Release Denied with this explanation:

testing your app on the BlackBerry Dev Alpha (OS version 10.0.9.1103). When I open the app got error message "JavaScript Alert (Access to"data:font/opentype;charset=utf-8;base64" then stuck on the start up and does not respond. 

but app is tested on latest BB10 simulator available, PB 2.1.0.1032/1088 and Ripple and it doesn't produce such error. Any ideas why this happens ?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: JavaScript Alert (Access to"data:font/opentype;charset=utf-8;base64"

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Unfortunately I haven't seen this myself so can't provide too much into this error as-is. However, if you're willing to share the BAR file for your application, please feel free to reach out ot me directly at eoros@rim.com, and I'll do my best to help investigate this cause. I'll use the same OS version as indicated and at the least can confirm the issue.

My hope is tha this is purely some encoding parameter in the config.xml or index.html, but unfortunately I just don't know off the top of my head.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Re: JavaScript Alert (Access to"data:font/opentype;charset=utf-8;base64"

Mail sent.
Please use plain text.