Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
NinjaCoder
My Device: Not Specified

JavaScript Disabled

Is the JavaScript Disabled for every version of BlackBerry?

Is there a reason?

Will it be like that forever or do we have a version of the Browser that it will be enabled.
Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: JavaScript Disabled

By default on in market devices, JavaScript has been disabled by default.  In an Enterprise environment, the administrator can turn it on by default as a configuration. 

As far as it being turned on by default in newer browsers, you'll have to check out the 5.0 browser :smileywink:

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

just to make things clear : javascript is supported on every BlackBerry browser, but when you get your device, the option is not checked. You can check it to get javascript support.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer
GemariahPryce
My Device: Not Specified

If you are using IE go to tools internet-> options->  security. If the level is set to high change it to medium high and see if it solves the problem. As an alternative you can create a custom level. Click on the custom level button, go to the scripting section and enable active scripting.If you are using Firefox go to tools  options  content. Click on Enable Javascript.

Social Media Optimization Company in Chennai