Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Javascript Issues on BlackBerry

Hello,

I have a simple web application which works fine on all the browsers except for on some blackberry models like Curve, Tour.

I tried enabling the javascript but it did not work on the devices, where as simulator worked fine.

Do you guys think the device I have does not support javascript at all?

the Support javascript option , does it really work?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Javascript Issues on BlackBerry

Greetings and thanks for your posting.

Yes the Curve and Tour Smartphone models both support JavaScript.  After selecting the "enable JavaScript" from the Browser Configuration options screen, can you confirm that after saving this change, the setting is preserved after re-opening the Browser Configuration screen?

Do you acess your web application from the browser through your BES (i.e. is 'BlackBerry Browser' the selected browser option from your Browser Configuration screen)?  If so, it could be possible that an IT Policy named "MDS Browser JavaScript Enabled" is configured to prevent JavaScript from running on those BlackBerry Smartphones.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.