Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
TumbleN
My Device: Not Specified

Javascript not working in simulator

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I will admit I am very new to Blackberry development, so I apologize if this is question is a bit basic for this forum, but I have been unable to get javascript working in the 9500-Vodafone Simulator (or any other for that matter).

I have enable Javascript & Javascript Pop-Ups in the browser options. Is there something that I am missing?

My webapp is a simple mobile version of our site, www.nicetranslator.com. It was originally designed for the iPhone and we're adapting it to the Blackberry with this bit of difficulty.

To look at the code from your browser, you'll have to go to www.nicetranslator.com/mobile.php, from your blackberry www.ntmobi.com would be faster. 

Thanks very much for your time and help!

-Nicky Hajal

Tumble Design

Message Edited by TumbleN on 01-12-2009 03:14 AM
Please use plain text.
Developer

Re: Javascript not working in simulator

The site takes like two minutes to load on my laptop (literally; I loaded it twice and timed it). I don't know what it's doing, but if it's running scripts during that time, then you're probably running into the javascript watchdog on the device. Try turning that off from the options and loading again. Also, try profiling your page load on a slow machine using Firebug or some other profiler and see what's slowing it down so much.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ttklf4

Re: Javascript not working in simulator

Hello,

I think you should first check if JavaScript works on your simulator with a simple test script and after that you should go through your code step by step. Then you could post detailed questions here. You can also take a look at the browser documentation and compare it with your code.

I checked your site with my Bold simulator and the only thing that worked was the Google Analytics script.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
yasear
My Device: curve 8900

BB Trackwheel Not clicking on One side

HI

I have curve 8900 and I downloaded RDM application to access home computer from Black berry since then i am trying to use one site which was working before installations.

Now the site opens but the trackwheel doesnt click on login tab i have removed the application but still no sucess i tried to enable java script and diable it still doesnt work

Please advise what can be done to fix this issue

YS

Please use plain text.