06-18-2012 09:12 AM
06-18-2012 01:27 PM
I wonder if its a browser detection issue - that is, the jQuery mobile project is not detecting a specific version of the device software properly?
Or there may be some browser behavior feature or property that changed. Would like to run some official jQuery Mobile unit tests to confirm. I was able to find the following unit tests included within the jQuery mobile project:
I'd suggest downloading and extracting this content to a local Web server. Then load up the /tests/unit/index.html file on each of the devices to see if there is some feature that might be failing? if we can track it down, we may be able to either report it to the jQuery team as a bug, or start looking at a workaround.
06-18-2012 01:32 PM
06-18-2012 10:57 PM
Awesome. Thanks for replying so quickly. I will try the steps you suggested and see if I zero it down to any definitive level. It has been a frustrating week trying to find the reason for this conundrum.
Most confusing part is that things work on one phone and doesn't on other.
Here are the Model/Versions of the working and non working phones -
Working Phone -
Model - BlackBerry Curve 9300
Carrier - AT&T
Device Version says - BlackBerry 9300 smartphone(3G, WI-FI) 6.0 Bundle 2342 (V126.96.36.1996, platform 188.8.131.52.....)
Not Working Phone
Model - BlackBerry Bold - 9650
Carrier - Verizon
Device Version says - BlackBerry 9650 smartphone(3G, CDMA, WI-FI) 6.0 Bundle 2333 (V184.108.40.2064, platform 220.127.116.118....)
Does that platform version number (18.104.22.168 versus 22.214.171.1248), is the one that dirrentiates a BlackBerry Phone from being BlackBerry 6 and 4. I thought it's V6 that indicated it. I have read it somewhere that JqueryMobile is supported only on th BlackBerry Phones 5 and above.
06-19-2012 08:19 AM
The device version (V126.96.36.1994) is the primary version that jQuery is referring to when they indicate support. The platform is the underlying BlackBerry platform that the BlackBerry OS runs on. The two devices you are using have very different radio stacks (one is an EDGE device and the other is CDMA) and therefore require different platforms. Given that the issue occurs on the CDMA device, I suspect that we may be able to isolate a problem to a jQuery feature/capability that is either broken or not supported on that device.
As Jason suggests, can we try a code snippet to reproduce?
06-20-2012 11:14 AM
Here is the JSFiddle - http://jsfiddle.net/USdZT/.
It's a simple JqueryMobile HTML page with multiple pages.
There is this wierd thing that I noticed yesterday and wanted to share here -
The BlackBerry Bold on CDMA, that was failing to load this simple page- last evening I swear I saw it working on this Phone(The CDMA one) and which again is not working. Now it just draws blank on those BlackBerry Phones (On Verizon Network). It just comes with a white screen.
Let me know if I need to furnish more information in this regard.
It's just that I am not able to find another Blackberry Curve on AT&T to see it working on that too and can confirm if this is related to a CDMA network.
06-20-2012 11:41 AM - edited 06-20-2012 11:42 AM
I updated your jsfiddle with the lastest JQM. Can you see if that fixes your issue before I dive further into it?
06-20-2012 02:12 PM
Thanks for responding.
Now, on the same phone (With CDMA) which was drawing a blank page, when I try your change it brings the page, but again back to the same old issue -
All the Pages stacked one after another
Looks like the Phone didn't even understand what JQuery Mobile is.
Is there a browser setting that can treat this.
Was the blank page result of an Old Jquery Mobile libraries and if yes then I fail to understand why the same old page that I created the JSFiddle with worked fine with my other BB Curve 6 with ATT.
But at least one issue looks clear (that blank page), let's try to find why would it loose the stylesheet and stack the pages together, one after another.
06-20-2012 03:47 PM
Also Jason, I also tried to access http://jquerymobile.com/test/ , from those two phones. The Phone (CDMA one) that missed the stylesheets and stacked the pages together, did the same thing here too. It came styleless and no lists displayed.
Whereas when I tried it with the good phone, things rendered completely fine.
So I am convinced it's the browser/content setting or the Version of some software in the phone that's causing all these issues.
Can you suggest what can we do to get around with it.
06-21-2012 09:53 AM
Has there been any RIM Browser Patches that resolves the page load issue for the basic JqueryMobile pages like -