Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Linux support and BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK

To clarify any confusion among Linux developers about SDK support: the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK is available for Windows and Mac only. At this time, there are no plans for an official Linux release.

However, to get all of the same functionality for BlackBerry 10 as the WebWorks SDK, Linux developers should install and use Cordova (installed via npm). The only exception is the GUI project manager, published as part of the WebWorks SDK, is not available in Cordova.

Use these instructions to get started: 

1. Install the command line interface: http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.2.0/guide_cli_index.md.html
  2. Follow the BlackBerry 10 platform setup instructions: http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.2.0/guide_platforms_blackberry10_index.md.html
Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Linux support and BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK

This developer went through the Linux process recently and, although with a few hiccups, managed to get up and running.
http://srikrishnadas.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/blackberry-webworks-2-0-on-linux/

It's a bit of a longer read, but worth the time if you're in the same boat; may help avoid some pitfalls along the way.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Developer
gpl4all
My Device: Z10, Q10 & Playbook 64Gb

i wasted a lot of time learning webworks 1.0.4.11on Linux
and now webworks for Linux no longer avail, and there's no backward compatibility. my webworks app build on 1.0.4.11 no longer run on OS 10.2.1

it is right that the unofficial BB 10 Webworks SDK for Linux (unofficial) can be use, but the infrastructure is very different, there's no simple way to porting rather complex application.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

A WebWorks app built with the original SDK should run on BlackBerry 10.2.1; potentially there may be another issue happening?

Can you fire up a new thread and PM me the link?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Developer
gpl4all
My Device: Z10, Q10 & Playbook 64Gb

@oros, pm sent along with link to my application in Blackberry World.
i'll bring up another issue in new thread.
thank you.