Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
shoaib_perception
My Device: 9650

LiveJournal FotoBilder api for uploadpic with blackberry webworks

Hi,

I am currenlty working on Livejournal for blackberry. I need to add photo to my new post, for that i am using LiveJournal FotoBilter api.

For testing purpose, i am calling GetGals methods which gets list of galleries for the user and for that i need to call "GetChallenge" first and calling to it works fine and returns challenge.

And next step is to use challenge for calculating response and pass that response in "Auth" param along with other params.

I have done each and everything given in "http://www.livejournal.com/doc/fotobilder-api#technical.methods.getgals" but it returns "Invalid Auth" error each and every time

I am calling "GetGals" because i need same "Auth" param (calculating response) for "UploadPic" method.

Thanks in advance, please answer this as soon as possible.

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: LiveJournal FotoBilder api for uploadpic with blackberry webworks

I am not familiar with LiveJournal APIs, however a quick look at the documentation shows that its using an HTTP GET request to pass custom HTTP headers, and receive a response of XML data.

How are you making this call from your application?  If it is XmlHttpRequest, I'm curious if the following HTTP headers are not being provided:

X-FB-User: bob

X-FB-Mode: GetChallenge

Can you provide a code snippet or jsfiddle that reproduces this behavior?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.