Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
Tomus
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G/9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Mac OS X - Register Signing Keys

I recently purchased a Macbook Air, and installed the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK Version 1.0.4.7, as well as the simulator. (I got an error when visiting the link to download the Ripple Emulator, so don't have that at the moment.)

I downloaded my signing keys, I put them in a folder in "Documents" called "Signing Keys". I then navigated to 

"Developer/SKDs/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWoks SDK 1.0.4.7/dependencies/tools/bin" and ran this command to register my keys: "blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <--CSJPIN--> -storepass <--STOREPASS--> "/Users/Tom/Documents/Signing Keys/client-RDK-1953776.csj" "Users/Tom/Documents/Signing Keys/client-PBDT-1953776.csj""

Nothing happened when that ran, so I tried "./blackberry-signer" (rest of the command) and got this error message: "-bash: ./blackberry-signer: Permission denied"

I am really not sure what I'm doing wrong here, as whatever I try my keys are not being registered and there are no files inside ~Library/Research In Motion.

I am completely new to Mac/OS X so wanted to include as much information as I could, if you need to know anything extra just let me know and I'll post it. Really stuck here and just want to test out my app, so any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tomus

Re: Mac OS X - Register Signing Keys

Just retried registering my keys again, it worked! Don't really know why, but I'm just happy I can get developing again.

Tom

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Hey Tomus,

for what it's worth, you were missing a "/" behind "Users" in your path to your .csj file. Not sure if that was the cause but in terminal you need the forward slash when referring to the root directory.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tomus

Just checked - that was the error! Thanks a lot, hopefully it might help future users with the same problem.
Please use plain text.