Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
My Device: PlayBook

Make Sencha Touch 2.x recognize the PlayBook as a tablet

Hey all,

I've just started web development on the PlayBook with Sencha Touch 2.0.0 GPL. So far it's been an extremely frustrating process, with performance being abysmal, touch events being missed many times in a row, and icons missing all over the place. I hope that is addressed soon so I can get on with what I neded to do.

One thing I discovered is that the PlayBook isn't being seen as a tablet by Sencha Touch 2. This is annoying when you want to try, say, the Kitchen Sink demo and you're presented with a phone-formatted interface. After a bit of digging, I figured out how to convince Sencha Touch 2 that your PlayBook is indeed a tablet after all.

In order to see the Kitchen Sink demo properly, add "?deviceType=Tablet" to the end of the url. That should work with any Sencha Touch 2 app on Blackberry.

If you want your own Sencha Touch 2 app to display properly on a PlayBook, put the following code at the top of the launch function in your app's main JavaScript file:

if(Ext.os.is.RIMTablet) {
    Ext.os.deviceType = "Tablet";
};

Your app will then be displayed with a tablet interface - if it has one, that is.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Make Sencha Touch 2.x recognize the PlayBook as a tablet

Thank you for providing this solution to other BlackBerry web developers!

Yes we also want to see a fully available Sencha Touch 2 on all supported BlackBerry Smartphone and Tablet devices.  I have forwarded similar requests to their tech team, and will do the same with yours.

Sencha Touch 2 is currently only officially supported by BlackBerry 6 smartphone:

https://twitter.com/#!/DavidKaneda/status/177115701138567168

Please keep the feedback flowing so that the stakeholders @ Sencha can properly triage and get official support for PlayBook.  Send your comments & requests for BlackBerry support directly:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?89-Sencha-Touch-2.x-Forums

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
My Device: b10
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Make Sencha Touch 2.x not support with Blackbery OS 6.0

I have created the app with Sencha 2.0 , 2.1 amd 2.2 .. 

At Blackberry torch it is not working but at  BB10 device it is working fine 

but it is working with 1.1 version of sencha touich

could someone help me , can we not able to do woth sencha touch 2 versions For blackberry OS 6