Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
FloPMT
My Device: PlayBook♥
Accepted Solution

Maps Sample NOT WORKING on Dev Alpha!

[ Edited ]

I just saw your new video on YouTube. Thanks for providing us developers with all these great tutorials!

I went and downloaded a copy of the repo on GitHub. I then made a .zip/.bar out of the files included in the " Maps" folder and installed it on my Dev Alpha A device. Just like in chrome, there's only a white screen showing up.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks

----------
Please give free Likes if I helped you out! :smileyhappy:
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Maps Sample NOT WORKING on Dev Alpha!

[ Edited ]

The Maps sample has a 'How to build' set of instructions that indicates you need to update the webworks.js file with the latest copy from the SDK/dependencies/clientFiles folder:

https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Samples/tree/master/Maps

We have a much easier way of doing this now, so I'm going to submit a pull-request to change this.  However, in the meantime, you should be able to do this manually.

EDIT: pull request submitted: https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Samples/pull/33

Also, if you are using the current BlackBerry 10 WebWorks OS (version 1.0.3.8) then make sure you have upgraded your Dev Alpha software to the latest Beta OS available (10.0.9.1103): 

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
FloPMT
My Device: PlayBook♥

Thanks I'll try that later :-)
----------
Please give free Likes if I helped you out! :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
kunalbansal16
My Device: simulator

When i am trying to find nearby pubs on my Developer Device, it doesnot works. Can you sugest something?