Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: BB 9790
My Carrier: Airtel

Memory issue with BB 9790 browser

Dear Members,
Mobile App Overview:
I am developing a mobile web application using jquery mobile framework. Its a basic application with a login page and inventory page where we show 5 items at a time with pagination. Clicking on a specific inventory item takes user to inventory details page. We have would lazy loading and AJAX call to prefetch data. Calls to backend system are REST based and the response JSONs are not more than 2-3 KB.

Issue: 
We are experiencing out of memory issue when navigating 2-3 times between inventory list and details pages using the BB 7 default browser. The phone just hangs and only way to bring it up is by removing the battery and then replacing and re-booting. We see the same memory error pop-ups while testing the app using the Simulators for 9790, 9860, 9930

We see that this application works without issues on Android, iPhone4 and Windows7 devices but is consistently giving the memory issue in BB6 & BB7 devices (i see same issue on 9790, 9930 & 9780). 

Pls help me with some suggestions to troubleshoot this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated as 

Regards
svikas