Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
ddluk
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

MenuItem sample app problem

[ Edited ]

When I try to run code provided on page http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/Adding-Menu-Items-using-the-BlackBerry-Widget...

on OS 5 there are no problems but when I run it on OS 6 (BB 9800 emulator and device) I always get exeption error and menu is not displayed.

//Updated:

Ok, menuItem is not working on BB OS 6. Menu is not displayed also on RSS reader sample app.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: MenuItem sample app problem

Hello,

Are you still experiencing this error?

Have you modified the config.xml document at all?  The reason I ask is because the following known issue currently exists with WebWorks apps running BlacKBerry 6:

• The blackberry.ui.menu and blackberry.ui.dialog features cannot be used in the same application (namespace conflict).  If both of these features have been included in the application's configuration document (config.xml), you will likely see an exception when the application tries to initialize the menu items while running on BlackBerry 6.

We are currently working on resolving this issue.  In the meantime, it is recommend to avoid using the blackberry.ui.dialog feature if your application needs to use blackberry.ui.menu.

Finally, if you haven't already done so, I'd encourage you to update your BlackBerry Web Development Tools.  The latest version of the Widget Packager (v1.5) includes many defect fixes and performance enhancements.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dbotelho
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Re: MenuItem sample app problem

I can confirm that this bug still happens...

I've removed the "blackberry.ui.dialog" from the config file and created an javascript extension to generate the dialogs.

Please use plain text.