Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Missing Download???

There have also been some recent changes around our single sign-on.. Can you try logging out, clearing your cookies and then logging back in again with your DevZone account?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ryanmiller
My Device: tour
My Carrier: verizon

Nothing.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
schedal
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Any update on this fix? I'm still waiting to start testing on a blackberry, it's the only device that I can't test on, out of the dozens of devices we are currently checking. Need a working somulator that has internet access, Thanks.

Please use plain text.
tneil

We currently have people trying to replicate and track down the issue.  As a work around, have you tried logging out of the Developer Zone and then downloading the software?

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
schedal

Since your site doesn't seem to even have a "log out" button, I went ahead and deleted all 19 of the cookies you had created, went back to the developer portal, and it took me a while to even find that MDS link again, but finally after another 15 min of searching and clicking, I was able to find it. I typed in my user account name and password, say the next screen where it says "download" and again, I get that same white screen...

We really need to be able to test our mobile-website on an emulator, so I hope your site will be working again soon, or I wish that you would just provide the direct link to this file...

I'm also hoping that with the simulator + the MDS package that I will finally be able to surf the web from a simulator and test our mobile development on your platform... no other files required right? I did read somewhere on the web about having to make .bat and java config changes?? I trust this is no longer required with your latest version.

BTW: if you ever get a chance to install Android, Opera, or the Palm OS, they all work on the mac [don't need any VMware], and they are all super easy to install... not sure why the blackberry simulator requires one to jump through 20 circus hoops, but it really doesn't give a good impression of your platform/development area, if things are this dificult to just set up a simulator...

Thanks for any help you can offer here, still waiting to start testing...

:-(

Kindly,

Seb.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ryanmiller
My Device: tour
My Carrier: verizon

Ok, so i was fianlly able to download the web plugin for VS, but i had to do it from home. Must be the IP i'm coming from or something becasue in both cases i was using my laptop.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
schedal

Per recomendation from Ryan, I got a friend to download it, and then post it to me over the internet. So now I can finally continue with the installation process... I hope that the next person to come to this website has an easier experience.

Please use plain text.
tneil

Thanks for the further information guys... The web team is trying to track down what may be the issue and any information we can provide them will help.

It is one of those situations that is hard to reproduce internally to get to the root of the cause.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.