Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Mobile Web Design

My company wants me to focus on mobile web design.  I have been studying for quite some time and have some questions for you. 

I have searched a bit on this forum so please feel free to re-direct me if the answer is already here.

I am looking for documentation on every current BB model:

Where can I find documentation on which current BB devices support JavaScript?

Is JavaScript turned off by default on all current BB devices?

Is stylesheets supported by all current devices?

Are stylesheets turned off by default?

Is every BB model shipped with the Rim browser set at default?

What difference does it make to the above items if you are on say a Sprint plan? 

Thanks so much for your help, lisa

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Mobile Web Design

lisag wrote:

My company wants me to focus on mobile web design.  I have been studying for quite some time and have some questions for you. 

I have searched a bit on this forum so please feel free to re-direct me if the answer is already here.

I am looking for documentation on every current BB model:

Where can I find documentation on which current BB devices support JavaScript?

Is stylesheets supported by all current devices?

Javascript & css support depend on the OS version. You can find information about what the browser of a given OS version can support on the Browser documentations that you can access by clicking on the "Developers" link on top of the current page.

lisag wrote:

Is JavaScript turned off by default on all current BB devices?

Are stylesheets turned off by default?

yes except maybe for the very latest models.

lisag wrote:

yes, but if the BlackBerry is ruled by a BES IT policy, then it can be variously blocked to some of its features.

lisag wrote:

What difference does it make to the above items if you are on say a Sprint plan? 

Thanks so much for your help, lisa

Well, you hav ea limitation on models supported by Sprint (for example no touchscreen Storm available) and by the OS versions that Sprint has released (some carriers may have released later versions of the OS).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: