Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9700
Accepted Solution

Module <XXX> attempts to access a secure API (revisited)

Ok, I know that this topic has been discussed several times. But although some responses are flagged as 'solution' , it appears to me that they are not - or at least, not explained clearly for newbies like me.

I have created a very simple application. I have tested it on simulator. Everything works great. I have ordered by key. I have been waiting for 10+ days - ok, finally they responded.

I have followed all the instructions. I always get a "success" message, or a 'signed' response, all looks fine. But still this 'Module attempts to access a secure API' message appears.

I am trying to install OTA. I have three files, two COD and one JAD. I have added those extensions in my IIS and everything works ok. But ... still. this message is here.

I have downloaded all the PDF's from BB developer sites. Nothing! I am missing something here.

My Blackberry 9700 is using the latest OS (5.0.0.423). If I run the SignatureTool.jar tool and I import my COD's there is says "signed".

Whatelse can I try? I have been looking in Google and this form for hours now!

Could you please help?

thank you,

George

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Module <XXX> attempts to access a secure API (revisited)

Can you post which tool you are using (Eclipse, Visual Studio or standalone SDK)?

If you are using the standalone SDK, are you specifying an output folder for your files?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Device: 9700

Re: Module <XXX> attempts to access a secure API (revisited)

Well, I found the solution. The thing is that I was supposed to receive three keys from RIM whereas I only got one. Few minutes later, the other two arrived. I then 'activated' the rest two as the first one and then everything runs smoothly!

Thank you,

George