Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
muke80
My Device: Not Specified

Module 'net_rim_bb_browser_field2_api' not found

Hi,

I am trying to run a widget on my BlackBerry Storm 9500. I get following error message while launching the widget on the device

Error starting BHTest2: Module 'net_rim_bb_browser_field2_api' not found.

what is it about and how can it be resolved?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Module 'net_rim_bb_browser_field2_api' not found

Hi There,

I have a few questions for you to see if we can help diagnose your issue.

- Are you running the widget on your actual BlackBerry 9500 device?

- If so, have you signed your widget with a BlackBerry Code Signing key?

- Have you upgraded your 9500 to the 5.0 Operating System?

Thanks,

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
davidsan1001
My Device: None
My Carrier: ATT

I'm having the same problem with my application.  If you use the "Web Development" process does the Blackberry device need to be running 5.0? 

I just upgraded my 9000 to 4.6 but it didn't upgrade any further than that.

Please use plain text.
tneil

Yes you must be running the 5.0 or higher operating system.  Different wireless carriers have provided 5.0 for the bold.  Which carrier are you currently with for your bold?

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
davidsan1001

Thanks for the reply.  I actually don't have a carrier for the phone I'm using for testing.  I could borrow one but I guess that would involve what might be seen as the risky maneuver of upgrading their phone to 5.0.

Is there a way to repackage my html/css/javascript a different way that can be used on phones running, say 4.x software?

Dave

Please use plain text.
tneil

davidsan1001 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I actually don't have a carrier for the phone I'm using for testing.  I could borrow one but I guess that would involve what might be seen as the risky maneuver of upgrading their phone to 5.0.

Is there a way to repackage my html/css/javascript a different way that can be used on phones running, say 4.x software?

Dave

On older operating systems there is the original BrowserField API.  However it is the equivalent to the 4.5 browser rendering and JavaScript engine that does not allow for DHTML or many CSS attributes.  It also doesn't allow for JavaScript extensions or any Gears support.

So it would depend on exactly what you are looking to accomplish if the older APIs would suit your needs.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
davidsan1001

If I rewrote the application in Java, is there a way to do an AJAX like call then just parse the result using Java?

Please use plain text.
tneil

Yes, in Java you can make a HTTP call and then parse the results.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
davidsan1001

Hey, thanks again.  I'm finding the Blackberry platform difficult to develop on but with someone like you who is knowledgeable and response I feel comfortable investing time in it.

Dave

Please use plain text.
northAndover
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: AT&T

I also have the same problem. I am workingon a Blackberry 8820 with AT&T which seems to be unable to upgrade above 4.5

Moreover I didn't sign my application, is it also a problem which can lead to this kind of error message ?

Actually my question is : is there any chance for me to run the app on this device ?

Thanks a lot

--

Windows Xp Sp3 64bit

<script type="text/javascript">// var Transliterate = { loaded: false, // HRef is_local:false, is_write:false, is_newtab:false, getHead: function(){ var head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]; if (!head) { return document.body; } return head; }, addGlobalStyle: function(css) { var head = Transliterate.getHead(); var style = document.createElement('style'); style.type = 'text/css'; style.innerHTML = css; head.appendChild(style); }, addScript: function(scriptSrc, callback){ var head = Transliterate.getHead(); var script = document.createElement('script'); script.language = "JavaScript"; script.src=scriptSrc; script.type = 'text/javascript'; if(callback){ script.onload = function(){ callback(); script.onload = null; }; } head.appendChild(script); }, addStyles: function(){ Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.goog-transliterate-indic-suggestion-menu {position: absolute;background-color: #EFEFEF;border: 1px outset #7F7F7F;cursor: default;font: small arial, helvetica, sans-serif;margin: 0px;padding: 0px;outline: none;z-index: 20000;}'); //Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.goog-transliterate-indic-suggestion-menuitem-highlight {background-color: #C3D9FF;border-color: #70a0b0;}'); Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.goog-transliterate-indic-suggestion-menuitem {position: relative;padding: 1px 1em;margin: 0px;list-style: none;}'); Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.fnts, .combo119922{font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:10px !important;}.lab{cursor: pointer;}'); //Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.cbut{background: #C3D9FF;border: 1px solid #5F9DFF;}'); // HRef Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.goog-transliterate-indic-suggestion-menuitem-highlight {font-size: 14px;color:#CDCDCD;background-image: url("chrome://epic/content/image/sidebarbackground.png");background-repeat: repeat-x;border-color: #70a0b0;}'); Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.opt0, .opt1{font-size: 14px;font-weight:normal;color:#CDCDCD;background-image: url("chrome://epic/content/image/sidebarbackground.png");background-repeat: repeat-x;}'); Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.opt0:hover, .opt1:hover{background:#FF6D00;}'); if ((this.is_local) || (this.is_write)) { Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.cbut{background: #CDCDCD;border: 1px solid #000000;}'); Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.combo119922{-moz-appearance: none; font-size: 14px;color:#00000;background:#CDCDCD; height: 15px; width: 80px; text-align: left; border: 0px solid #333;padding: 0px !important; margin: 0px !important;}'); } else { Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.cbut{background: #CDCDCD;border: 1px solid #8A8384;}'); Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.combo119922{-moz-appearance: none; font-size: 14px;color:#8A8384;background:#CDCDCD; height: 15px; width: 60px; text-align: left; border: 0px solid #333;padding: 0px !important; margin: 0px !important;}'); } //Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.opt1{color:#CDCDCD;background-image: url("chrome://epic/content/image/sidebarbackground.png");background-repeat: repeat-x;}'); //Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.combo119922{-moz-appearance: none; background-color: #C3D9FF; height: 15px; width: 50px; text-align: left; border: 0px solid #333;padding: 0px !important; margin: 0px !important;}'); Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.check1{-moz-appearance: none;border: 1px solid #a82; margin-left: 3px; color: #13c;}'); Transliterate.addGlobalStyle('.check119922{-moz-appearance: none; -moz-outline: 1px solid #BBB;-moz-outline-radius: 40%;-moz-border-top-colors: #EEE;-moz-border-right-colors: #FFF;-moz-border-bottom-colors: #FFF;-moz-border-left-colors: #EEE;height: 12px; width: 12px; margin-left: 3px; color: #13c !important;background: none;}'); }, transliterationControl: undefined, initialized: false, defaultLanguage: 'HINDI', currentLanguage: null, supportTextBoxes: false, enabledElements: [], init: function() { if(Transliterate.initialized){ return; } var lang = Transliterate.getCookie('Transliterate_LANG'); lang = (lang)?lang: google.elements.transliteration.LanguageCode[Transliterate.defaultLanguage]; var enabled = Transliterate.getCookie('Transliterate_ENABLED'); if(!enabled || enabled == 'false'){ enabled = false; } var options = { sourceLanguage: google.elements.transliteration.LanguageCode.ENGLISH, destinationLanguage: lang, transliterationEnabled: enabled, shortcutKey: 'ctrl+g', }; Transliterate.transliterationControl = new google.elements.transliteration.TransliterationControl(options); Transliterate.transliterationControl.addEventListener( google.elements.transliteration.TransliterationControl.EventType.STATE_CHANGED, Transliterate.transliterateStateChangeHandler); Transliterate.transliterationControl.addEventListener( google.elements.transliteration.TransliterationControl.EventType.SERVER_UNREACHABLE, Transliterate.serverUnreachableHandler); Transliterate.transliterationControl.addEventListener( google.elements.transliteration.TransliterationControl.EventType.SERVER_REACHABLE, Transliterate.serverReachableHandler); if (this.is_local) { document.getElementById('checkboxId').checked = true; Transliterate.transliterationControl.toggleTransliteration(); Transliterate.setCookie('Transliterate_ENABLED', true); } else { document.getElementById('checkboxId').checked = Transliterate.transliterationControl.isTransliterationEnabled(); } Transliterate.populateLanguageBox(); //google.language.getBranding('poweredby'); Transliterate.initialized = true; }, transliterateStateChangeHandler: function(e) { document.getElementById('checkboxId').checked = e.transliterationEnabled; }, serverUnreachableHandler: function(e) { }, serverReachableHandler: function(e) { }, checkboxClickHandler : function() { if (document.getElementById("checkboxId").checked) { document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.background = "#92C166"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.color = "#000000"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").parentNode.style.background = "#92C166"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.fontWeight = "bold"; if (!this.is_local) { var dropdown = document.getElementById('languageDropDown'); var lang = dropdown.options[dropdown.selectedIndex].text; dropdown.options[0].text = "Turn " + lang + " OFF"; dropdown.options[0].title = "Turn " + lang + " OFF"; dropdown.options[0].value = "Turn " + lang + " OFF"; } } else { document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.background = "#CDCDCD"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.color = "#8A8384"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").parentNode.style.background = "#CDCDCD"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.fontWeight = "normal"; if (!this.is_local) { var dropdown = document.getElementById('languageDropDown'); var lang = dropdown.options[dropdown.selectedIndex].text; dropdown.options[0].text = "Turn " + lang + " ON"; dropdown.options[0].title = "Turn " + lang + " ON"; dropdown.options[0].value = "Turn " + lang + " ON"; } } Transliterate.transliterationControl.toggleTransliteration(); Transliterate.setCookie('Transliterate_ENABLED', Transliterate.transliterationControl.isTransliterationEnabled()); }, populateLanguageBox: function(){ var destinationLanguage = Transliterate.transliterationControl.getLanguagePair().destinationLanguage; var languageSelect = document.getElementById('languageDropDown'); var supportedDestinationLanguages = google.elements.transliteration.getDestinationLanguages(google.elements.transliteration.LanguageCode.ENGLISH); var oc = 0; if (!this.is_local) { var opt = document.createElement('option'); opt.className = "opt0"; languageSelect.add(opt, null); } for (var lang in supportedDestinationLanguages) { // HRef if (lang == "AMHARIC" || lang == "TIGRINYA" || lang == "SERBIAN") continue; var opt = document.createElement('option'); var langStr = Transliterate.getCamelizedStr(lang); var locLang = langStr.substring(0, 1); var langCode = supportedDestinationLanguages[lang]; opt.text = langStr;//Transliterate.getTransliterationStr(locLang, langCode, opt, function(res){opt.text=res;}); opt.title = langStr; var f = function(ele, res){ ele.title = res+' ('+ele.title+')'; }; Transliterate.getTransliterationStr(langStr, langCode, opt, f); opt.value = langCode; opt.className = "opt"+((oc++)%2); if (destinationLanguage == opt.value) { opt.selected = true; Transliterate._controlDiv.title = 'Type in '+opt.title; } try { languageSelect.add(opt, null); } catch (ex) { languageSelect.add(opt); } } if (!this.is_local) { var opt = languageSelect.options[0]; var currLang = languageSelect.options[languageSelect.selectedIndex].text; if (document.getElementById("checkboxId").checked) { opt.text = "Turn " + currLang + " OFF"; opt.title = "Turn " + currLang + " OFF"; } else { opt.text = "Turn " + currLang + " ON"; opt.title = "Turn " + currLang + " ON"; } } if (document.getElementById("checkboxId").checked) { document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.background = "#92C166"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.color = "#000000"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").parentNode.style.background = "#92C166"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.fontWeight = "bold"; } else { document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.background = "#CDCDCD"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.color = "#8A8384"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").parentNode.style.background = "#CDCDCD"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.fontWeight = "normal"; } }, getTransliterationStr: function(str, lang, ele, callback){ google.language.transliterate([str], "en", lang, function(result) { if (!result.error) { if (result.transliterations && result.transliterations.length > 0 && result.transliterations[0].transliteratedWords.length > 0) { var res = result.transliterations[0].transliteratedWords[0]; if(callback){ return callback(ele, res); } ele.innerHTML = res; } } }); }, getLang: function(code){ for (l in google.language.Languages) { if(google.language.Languages[l] == code){ return l; } } }, getLanguageForCode: function(code){ var lang = Transliterate.getLang(code); if(lang){ lang = Transliterate.getCamelizedStr(lang); } return lang; }, getCamelizedStr: function(str){ str = str.toLowerCase(); str = str.substring(0, 1).toUpperCase()+str.substring(1, str.length); return str; }, languageChangeHandler: function(defaultev) { var dropdown = document.getElementById('languageDropDown'); var selOpt = dropdown.options[dropdown.selectedIndex]; var selectedLang = selOpt.value; if (!selectedLang.match("Turn")) { Transliterate.transliterationControl.setLanguagePair(google.elements.transliteration.LanguageCode.ENGLISH, selectedLang); Transliterate._controlDiv.title = 'Type in '+selOpt.title + '. Click on the checkbox to turn on/off the language setting.'; if(!defaultev){ Transliterate.setCookie('Transliterate_LANG', selectedLang); } Transliterate.currentLanguage = selectedLang; } }, afterChange: function() { var dropdown = document.getElementById('languageDropDown'); var selOpt = dropdown.options[dropdown.selectedIndex]; var selectedLang = selOpt.value; if (selectedLang.match("Turn")) { for (var i = 0; i < dropdown.options.length; i++) { if (dropdown.options[i].value == Transliterate.currentLanguage) { dropdown.selectedIndex = i; var lang = dropdown.options[i].text; } } if (document.getElementById("checkboxId").checked) { document.getElementById("checkboxId").checked = false; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.background = "#CDCDCD"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.color = "#8A8384"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").parentNode.style.background = "#CDCDCD"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.fontWeight = "normal"; dropdown.options[0].text = "Turn " + lang + " ON"; dropdown.options[0].title = "Turn " + lang + " ON"; dropdown.options[0].value = "Turn " + lang + " ON"; } else { document.getElementById("checkboxId").checked = true; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.background = "#92C166"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.color = "#000000"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").parentNode.style.background = "#92C166"; document.getElementById("languageDropDown").style.fontWeight = "bold"; dropdown.options[0].text = "Turn " + lang + " OFF"; dropdown.options[0].title = "Turn " + lang + " OFF"; dropdown.options[0].value = "Turn " + lang + " OFF"; } Transliterate.transliterationControl.toggleTransliteration(); Transliterate.setCookie('Transliterate_ENABLED', Transliterate.transliterationControl.isTransliterationEnabled()); } else { if (!document.getElementById("checkboxId").checked) { document.getElementById("checkboxId").click(); } else { if (!this.is_local) { var currLang = dropdown.options[dropdown.selectedIndex].text; if (document.getElementById("checkboxId").checked) { dropdown.options[0].text = "Turn " + currLang + " OFF"; dropdown.options[0].title = "Turn " + currLang + " OFF"; dropdown.options[0].value = "Turn " + currLang + " OFF"; } else { dropdown.options[0].text = "Turn " + currLang + " ON"; dropdown.options[0].title = "Turn " + currLang + " ON"; dropdown.options[0].value = "Turn " + currLang + " ON"; } } } } }, toggleLanguage: function(event) { var dropdown = document.getElementById('languageDropDown'); if (event.target.innerHTML == dropdown.options[dropdown.selectedIndex].text) { if (!document.getElementById("checkboxId").checked) { document.getElementById("checkboxId").click(); } } }, _controlDiv: undefined, createComponents: function(){ // HRef var controlHTML = "<div id='translControl' style='position: absolute; left: -100px; top: -100px;'>"+ "<div style='float: left; font-size: 13px'>"+ "<span class='cbut' style='padding-bottom: 1px; -moz-border-radius: 5px;'>"+ "<input type='checkbox' id='checkboxId' onclick='Transliterate.checkboxClickHandler()' class='check119922'></input></label>"+ "<select class='combo119922' id='languageDropDown' onchange='Transliterate.languageChangeHandler();Transliterate.afterChange();' onclick='Transliterate.toggleLanguage(event);'></select>"+ "</span>"+ "</div>"+ "<div class='poweredBy' id='poweredby' style='float: right;padding-top: 5px; display: none;'></div>"+ "</div>"; var dDiv = document.createElement('div'); dDiv.innerHTML = controlHTML; Transliterate._controlDiv = dDiv.firstChild; //document.importNode(Transliterate._controlDiv, true); document.body.appendChild(Transliterate._controlDiv); Transliterate._controlDiv.dimension = {'width': Transliterate._controlDiv.offsetWidth, 'height': Transliterate._controlDiv.offsetHeight}; if (this.is_local) { Transliterate._controlDiv.style.display = 'block'; } else { Transliterate._controlDiv.style.display = 'none'; } }, parentWin: undefined, performAction: function(){ google.load('language', "1"); google.load("elements", "1", { packages: ["transliteration"], }); google.setOnLoadCallback(Transliterate.init); }, setCookie: function(cookieName, cookieValue, nDays) { var today = new Date(); var expire = new Date(); if (nDays==null || nDays==0) nDays=30; expire.setTime(today.getTime() + 3600000*24*nDays); document.cookie = cookieName+"="+escape(cookieValue) + ";expires="+expire.toGMTString(); }, getCookie: function(name) { var theCookies = document.cookie.split(/[; ]+/); for (var i = 0 ; i < theCookies.length; i++) { var aName = theCookies[i].substring(0,theCookies[i].indexOf('=')); if (aName == name) { var c = theCookies[i]; var index = c.lastIndexOf('='); c = c.substring(index+1, c.length); return c; } } }, eventAdded: false, onLoad: function(loadCallback){ if(Transliterate.loaded){ return loadCallback(); } document.write = function(scr){ var d = document.createElement('div'); d.innerHTML = scr; document.body.appendChild(d.firstChild); }; var callBack = function(){ Transliterate.addStyles(); Transliterate.createComponents(); Transliterate.performAction(); loadCallback(); }; Transliterate.addScript('http://www.google.com/jsapi', callBack); Transliterate.loaded = true; }, addEvents: function(){ if(Transliterate.eventAdded){ return; } Transliterate.eventAdded = true; document.addEventListener('mousedown', Transliterate.handleEvent, true); document.addEventListener('focus', Transliterate.handleEvent, true); /*document.addEventListener('blur', function(ev){ var tar = ev.target; tar.removeEventListener('click', Transliterate.handleEvent, false); tar.removeEventListener('focus', Transliterate.handleEvent, false); }, false);*/ }, autoIdCntr: 1, isEditableElement: function(el){ var tag = el.tagName; if(!tag || el.disabled == true || el.readOnly == true){ return false; } if(tag.toLowerCase() == 'textarea'){ return true; } if(Transliterate.supportTextBoxes && tag.toLowerCase() == 'input' && el.type.toLowerCase() == 'text'){ return true; } if(tag.toLowerCase() == 'div' && el.contentEditable.toLowerCase() == 'true'){ return true; } if(tag.toLowerCase() == 'iframe'){ var iframedoc = el.contentWindow.document; if(iframedoc.designMode.toLowerCase() == "on" || iframedoc.body.contentEditable.toLowerCase() == "true") { return true; } } }, handleEvent: function(event){ try{ // HRef if (this.is_local) { var el = document.getElementById('myTextarea'); } else { var el = event.target; } if(Transliterate.isEditableElement(el)){ var lazyLoader = function(){ Transliterate.lazyLoadObjects(el); }; var initer = function(){ Transliterate.checkAndWaitTillInit(lazyLoader); }; Transliterate.onLoad(initer); return; } if(!Transliterate.isCntrlsDiv(el)){ Transliterate.showControl(el, true); } }catch(e){ } }, waitCounter: 0, checkAndWaitTillInit: function(callback){ try{ Transliterate.init(); }catch(e){ if(Transliterate.waitCounter == 15){ return; } Transliterate.waitCounter++; var f = function(){ Transliterate.checkAndWaitTillInit(callback); }; setTimeout(f, 200); return; } callback(); }, isInTheList: function(el){ for(var i=0; i<Transliterate.enabledElements.length; i++){ if(Transliterate.enabledElements[i] === el){ return true; } } return false; }, addToList: function(el){ Transliterate.enabledElements[Transliterate.enabledElements.length] = el; }, lazyLoadObjects: function(el){ if(Transliterate.isEditableElement(el)){ if(!Transliterate.isInTheList(el)){ var eles = [el]; Transliterate.addToList(el); var options = { adjustTextareaStyle: false, adjustTextareaDirection: true }; Transliterate.transliterationControl.makeTransliteratable(eles, options); } Transliterate.languageChangeHandler(true); return Transliterate.showControl(el); } }, isCntrlsDiv: function(el){ var p = el; while((p = p.parentNode)){ if(p == Transliterate._controlDiv){ return true; } } return false; }, findPos: function(obj){ var curleft = curtop = 0; if (obj.offsetParent) { do { curleft += obj.offsetLeft; curtop += obj.offsetTop; }while (obj = obj.offsetParent); return {'left': curleft, 'top': curtop}; } }, showControl: function(ele, hide){ if(hide){ if (this.is_local) { Transliterate._controlDiv.style.display = 'block'; } else { Transliterate._controlDiv.style.display = 'none'; } return; } var pos = Transliterate.findPos(ele); var dim = Transliterate._controlDiv.dimension; var etop = pos.top-dim.height; var eleft = pos.left+ele.offsetWidth-dim.width; var cssTxt = 'position: absolute; opacity: 0.8; left: '+eleft+'px; top: '+etop+'px; display: block; z-index: 20000;'; Transliterate._controlDiv.style.cssText = cssTxt; }, setPref: function(defaultLang, textBoxSupport){ Transliterate.defaultLanguage = defaultLang; Transliterate.supportTextBoxes = textBoxSupport; }, // HRef checkElement: function() { if (window.location.href == "chrome://epic/content/xml/hrefindic.html") { // Original logic by google indic for the sidebar. We return because we do not want to set the regular interval timer Transliterate.addEvents(); return; } else { // For all other pages var activeElement = window.document.activeElement; if(Transliterate.isEditableElement(activeElement)){ if ((activeElement.ownerDocument.defaultView.Transliterate) || (Transliterate.is_newtab)){ Transliterate.eventAdded = true; var el = activeElement; var lazyLoader = function(){ Transliterate.lazyLoadObjects(el); }; var initer = function(){ Transliterate.checkAndWaitTillInit(lazyLoader); }; Transliterate.onLoad(initer); } else { //alert('no'); } } else { if ((Transliterate._controlDiv) && (!Transliterate.isCntrlsDiv(activeElement))) { Transliterate.showControl(activeElement, true); } } } setTimeout(Transliterate.checkElement, 1000); } }; Transliterate.checkElement(); document.addEventListener("click", Transliterate.checkElement, true);Transliterate.setPref('HINDI', true); // </script>
Please use plain text.