Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: TIM
Accepted Solution

More than one sign certificates in the machine

Hello There,

I'm building a tool that will compile blackberry applications in the cloud.

The thing is, how can i install more than one certificates in the machine and compile the applications using different certificates?

I can see that the cmd line of the bbwp.exe try to use the SignatureTool.jar from the bin directory.

It's something like, java -jar SignatureTool.jar *.cod password...

But, i can't see how the signaturetool find the certificate and which it will use.

Can someone help-me with this thing?

Márcio Saeger - Software Engineer, Softwell Solutions
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: More than one sign certificates in the machine

You can't do it

I have to swap drives every so often to sign

As a result I currently have four signers depending who I sign for

Remember that only the final sign needs to be a specific company so all your development can be done on the one box

My solution is not ideal but it works

You would think that companies like BB would realise that developers work for multiple clients (they all mess you up over this with the exception of Droid)

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Regular Contributor

Hello peardox,

By "swap drives" what do you mean? Is it possible to install the certificate in a storage location? Like a removable storage or something like that?

The thing is, that i'll probably will had N clients (can be 5, can be 50,000), so, i need to automatize the process. As far we can see, it will be difficult for BB.
I had the same process done for Android and iOS, there's only BB pending in this situation.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Five would be just about manageable - 50k - forget it

What I have is a drive partitioned into 10G segments - this is about the bare minimum you can throw XP on

In my own case I only needed two on top of my main intsalls - so I have a drive with multiple XPs, each with just enough space to allow signing.

If I need to sign for a specific client I simply remove the main drive in the multiple signing machine and put in the drive with my alternate signers - sign - and reverse the operation

It takes me about 20 minutes to go completely through a swap out. sign and swap back in cycle - this can be done faster if you use a desktop with a caddy system

Hopefully BB will sort this issue out properly one day soon but for the moment that's the best solution I've come up with

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Regular Contributor

Well,

The solutions will be: i'll compile using my company certificates to compile all applications and i'll change in the config.xml the company that owns the application.

=\