Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
ypynot
My Device: Z10, Playbook
Accepted Solution

Multiplayer Game

I wrote a couple games for BB10 using WebWorks. I wanted to add BBM connectivity, and allow two player games, I eventually found that I can use BBM to invite people to download my game, but not to actually connect them. Is there any way to connect two players and pass small amounts of data back and forth? I looked at push notifications, but that seems to be for communicating with a server, and I just want direct device to device. I've been searching for about a week with no luck, and don't like the idea of adding a share option to my games if people can't then actually play together.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Multiplayer Game

There are a lot of third party pub/sub that can be used for this. BB has been talking about it, but no news when it might be implemented. You would probably hear about it on the NDK side first.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ypynot
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Multiplayer Game

Any suggestions on what to try? I've found some APIs, but nothing that mentioned connecting devices. Given I'm really just looking to add on to games I wrote for my daughter to play, I'm looking for simplicity - not in need of anything beyond finding another person and sending minimal data.
Please use plain text.