Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
Bacce
My Device: Playbook

Multiple channel audio on playbook

Is there a way I can play multiple audio file at once on playbook?

Html5 audio only have one channel, the commonly used solution for html5 games is trough flash, but for some reason when html5 code packaged as an app, it block the communication between flash and javascript, so what work perfectly in the playbook browser that doesn't work in the app runing whatever. I stucked with this problem for a day now, can't find any solution, so if there is a way to allow the calls from javascript to flash, please tell me, or tell me how to play multiple audio source at once.

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Multiple channel audio on playbook

Which version of the BlackBerry Tablet OS do you have installed?

The ability to play multiple HTML5 <audio> files simultaneously was changed from 1 to 32 in version 2.1 of the OS.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Developer
Bacce
My Device: Playbook

Re: Multiple channel audio on playbook

The latest ofc. It's technically play multiple audio but it's stops or slows down other processes, what would be crucial for the game. That's why I try flash but it's not working either. Thank you anyway, I will give another try to it.