Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
ssupreet
My Device: Not Specified

NFC Apps

Hi,

I am looking to start work on few NFC related apps for my organization, it will basically be for  bb7 devices but eventually will be ported on the bb10 devices aswell some time next year.

just wanted to know , do u guys think its a good idea using webworks for this, I mean can all the NFC features available in the java env be used using webworks aswell ?

Any issues which any one of you might have faced/

any suggestion input would really help me .

thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: NFC Apps

Hi.

For what I know regarding to BB10 the NFC APIs for WebWorks are missing so far. Have a closer look to this post we discussed the same question for BB10+NFC and the situation of what is possible and what can be done so far.

For BB SmartPhone OS 7+ and WebWorks SmartPhone SDK 2.2+ you should have a closer look to the WebWorks Community API repository. There is already an extension for NFC using WebWorks on SmartPhone OS.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssupreet
My Device: Not Specified

I believe that the extension for s not supporttag writing,is it trueand if yes, is there anybody working on that ? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

As far as I know there isn't any NFC extension or API available for WebWorks at this time, but we discussed this a lot more times here. There is also not plan to add support/API for NFC to WebWorks in the future as we could see in the WebWorks SDK roadmap and I hoped to see someone from RIM here answering if they are working on a Community API, but there wasn't any response yet.

At the end it would be really good to know if someone is working on it.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.