Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
thisiscalledbes
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Generic

Need help on AJAX support with Blackberry Simulator 9700

Hi all forumites,

I have implemented an AJAX JQuery Autocomplete plugin, which I am trying to run on Blackberry Simulator 9700.  The stuff works on the PC browser, but not on the simulator browser.  Is there a limit that Blackberry imposes towards css and javascript.  From what I looked around in the web, looks like there is some limit.

Also, is there AJAX support on the simulator at all.  I came know from web that some model of Blackberry Bold has AJAX support.  Is this true for the simulator for Bold.

Please help me out with this issue.  If any pointer as to how to make AJAX and JQuery work in the simulator, it will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thisiscalledbes

Re: Need help on AJAX support with Blackberry Simulator 9700

Any help or pointers on this?

Thanks

Mahesh.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

I had the same problem

If you're using JQuery 1.5.1 simply switch to 1.5.0 for the moment as 1.5.1 breaks all kinds of things

Like you I use AJAX in one of my apps. It falls over badly on 1.5.1 but works perfectly with 1.5.0

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thisiscalledbes

Thanks for the suggestion.  Will try that out right away and let know the outcome.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thisiscalledbes

I tried changing over to JQuery 1.5.  But no change in what I see.  Like before, the autocomplete list gets simply painted below my input textbox.  Then if I use the simulator's trackball to get over to some entry in the list, the data vanishes from the screen.

Also the list does not get rendered with a nicely bordered enclosed div, but just gets painted one below the other.  Any help pls.

Please use plain text.