Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
ReelAlien
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Need help with installation order of WebWorks tools

Hi Everyone.

Brand-newbie to your Forum and developing for the Playbook.

Been developing software and Web, mostly as a hobby, for some 15+ years. A number of associates
and friends have Playbooks now, so I'm thinking of trying my hand at re-developing some of my
old software for the Playbook platform. I'm planning on just using WebWorks for now.

What I'd appreciate, is some clarity as to the order of installing the Tools.
I already installed Ripple in Chrome just to get a look at some of the examples.
The 'Tools' section at WebWorks shows Ripple as the first install, but I'm sure I read somewhere
in the Forum that WebWorks should be installed 'before' Ripple. And if Ripple is already installed,
it should be uninstalled before attempting to install WebWorks due to possible conflicts.

So is this the proper install order?

( Installing on Win 7 64bit. )

1. Install WebWorks SDK
2. Install VMWare Player
3. Install Ripple

I recall also reading a thread where some one mentioned compatibility issues with the 64-bit version of Java.
This box is running Java 7.0.90 - 64bit.

And finally, for now at least, what additional script libraries are the 'must haves'.

Thx in advance.

Please use plain text.
Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Re: Need help with installation order of WebWorks tools

For anyone else searching for similar answer check out:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Installing-WebWorks-Tablet-Devel...

By same user.

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.