Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
reumerd
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL
Accepted Solution

Need some help creating a debug token (MAC OSX)

I followed the instruction to the letter from here: 

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/27280/Configure_signing_for_tablet_application...

through here

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/27280/Running_unsigned_apps_debug_tokens_15850...

and I've got the keystore setup properly and the PlayBook signing key installed and goten a message: succesfully registered.

I also register the PlayBook Debug Token key and had gotten registered succesfull.

When I now try to generate a debugtoken for my PlayBook using the following command line:

./blackberry-debugtokenrequest -cskpass <mypass> -keystore sigtool.p12 -storepass <mypass> -deviceID 0x500EC106 debugtoken.bar
I get the following eror:
debugtokenrequest error: Can't find resource for bundle net.rim.device.codesigning.debugtoken.DebugTokenRequestResources, key developer certificate and private key not found in keystore or store password not supplied
I have no clue why nor how to resolve it.

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd

Re: Need some help creating a debug token (MAC OSX)

Beuller ?

If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
George_M
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: ?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am  getting exactly the same error can anyone help?

(The only difference is that I am trying to dev using AIR)

I have double check/triple checked the passwords for -cskpass & -storepass are correct

as is -keystore location for the .p12

So frustrating.

RIM? It is your new Baby, you have to help us Dev's if you want to pull it off!

Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd

Do I need to get this to the issue tracker ?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Dennis - where is your sigtool.p12 file stored?

Is it in the same directory as where you are running that command from?  If not can you try including the full system path to the sigtool.p12 file and let me know if that resolves this error?

e.g.

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.0.0.4\bbwp\bin\sigtool.p12

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd

[ Edited ]

Hello Adam,

I've got the sigtool.p12 stored currently within the same directory as where I start the command line, which is:

/Users/dennisreumer/Developer/SDKs/Research In Motion/bbwp/blackberry-tablet-sdk/bin

I've been succesful in creating the Key store, registering the signing keys and specifically register the debug key for debugging purposes, without any errors. 

So I should know the passwords to the store and keys (used the same to register the keys off course.)

Even tried a sudo of the command, same result (just to exclude any access rights for the  files).

changing anything in the name of the sig file gives me a different error:

debugtokenrequest error: keystore load: /Users/dennisreumer/Developer/SDKs/Research In Motion/bbwp/blackberry-tablet-sdk/bin/sigtool1.p12 (No such file or directory)

changing the password also gives me a different error:

debugtokenrequest error: keystore load: failed to decrypt safe contents entry: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded

Which makes me believe the sigtool.p12 file location and its pasword are correct.

Which would leave me with the -cskpass option that is at fault, which would be very strange as I had succesful registered the signing and debug token keys using the same password.

the path of the barsigner.csk and barsigner.db is

/Users/dennisreumer/Library/Research In Motion

(as was default installed by the WebSDK installer).

Also tried to move them to:

/Library/Research In Motion (root to Harddisk)

So I'm running on fumes now.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mbaroukh
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: Orange

I just had the same problem here and found that the alias in your keystore MUST be author : http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/27280/Options_blackberry-keytool_1469697_11.js...

You can see the current name with 

C:\rim\playbook\webworks_sdk_2.0.0.4\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin>blackberry-keytool  -list -keystore cardiweb.p12 -storepass <storepass>

Keystore type: PKCS12Keystore provider: SunJSSE
Your keystore contains 1 entry
cardiweb, 9 juin 2011, PrivateKeyEntry,Certificate fingerprint (MD5): DD:22:9B:CF:E9:F3:54:7A:F3:0D:96:C9:61:FE:6A:89

And you can rename it with

C:\rim\playbook\webworks_sdk_2.0.0.4\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin>blackberry-keytool  -changealias -alias cardiweb -destalias author -keystore cardiweb.p12 -storepass <pass>

Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd

Right that author part did it.

Many thanks !!!

./blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore archeit.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxx -dname "cn=Arche IT bv" -alias author

But i did this:

./blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore archeit.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxx -dname "cn=Arche IT bv" -alias reumerd

As I'm the author :Beta1:

Please use plain text.
Developer
mbaroukh
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: Orange

I did the same mistake. The doc should be more explicit and explain that 'author' is mandatory.

But did you finally succeed in signing and deploying your app ?

Because I think that, as for author, the keystore MUST be called "sigtool.p12" because when using bbwp for signing you can't tell which p12 to use :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Very happy to hear you were able to resolve this.  Unfortunate it took so long, and I'll admit a problem like this should not even be yours to deal with.

I have escalated a suggestion to our Documentation team to highlight the requirement of the literal value (and not substitute your own values in place of "author").

mbaroukh - you are correct, you must specify your signing key file name as "sigtool.p12".

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.