Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
TenTonApe
My Device: Simulator
Accepted Solution

Need someone to walk me through building to device.

So my BB developer ran off leaving me with a buggy Web Works 1.0 app. I've managed to patch it, but now I have to test it on an actual phone, and I keep running into confusing tutorials and strange bugs.

I already have my RBB, RCR and RRT. I have my device and a cable. Where do I go from here?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Need someone to walk me through building to device.

I'm not sure anyone on here is going to be any less confusing than the tutorials you've read and what you are asking for is quite an undertaking.  Is there no possibility of finding another developer in your area?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TenTonApe

Unfortunately no. What I mostly need is somone to help me debug along the way, simply googling my issues hasn't helped.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Where are you at so far? Have you got the SDK installed and can you build the app?

I can step you through a bit at a time. I can't guarantee immediate responses, but I should be able to help.

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TenTonApe

Yes I can have everything installed and can build to the emulator. I followed a tutorial that got me the 3 .csi files.

Please use plain text.
twindsor

I didn't catch it before, but the signing keys you have are for the old platform. Since you have a WebWorks 1.0 app, I expect you are building for BlackBerry 10?

If so, you want to follow the steps here to request and install the keys for BlackBerry 10: 

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/v1_0/signing_setup.html

In particular, you want the second checkbox on the signing key form, since you are building for BlackBerry 10 with WebWorks 1.0.

Once you've done that, you can proceed to sign the application and deploy it to a real device.

Tim Windsor
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TenTonApe

I am also developing my app for BB7. Should I still follow through that guide for the BB10 version?
Please use plain text.
twindsor

In that case you'll need both sets of keys, and you'll need to register both of them.

Registration of the csi files for BB7 uses these steps here: https://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/html5/documentation/signing_setup.html

Since you're building for multiple platforms at once, you may find this Ant Build script useful. It takes some configuration, but once you've put in your signing key and SDK path information you can pretty easily build for both platforms at once: https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Community-Samples/tree/master/Ant-Build-Script

Tim Windsor
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TenTonApe

Thank you for your help, I will look into that as soon as I can, unfortunately I don't work today so I don't have access to my work computer or files.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TenTonApe

[ Edited ]

Okay so I've gotten all the certificates and the ant build script, I'm trying to deploy to my BB7 device, but I'm getting this error:

C:\SDKs\Ant-Build-Script\tools\buildTasks.xml:333: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\SDKs\BB WebWorks 1.0\bin\JavaLoader": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

My WebWorks 1 directory doesn't contain a bin folder, it contains: dependencies, Framework, lib, node_modules, third_party, uninstaller

Is there something wrong with my installation?

Also while attempting to register my .csj files I have recieved the error:

Error: Already registered with RDK. But I just recieved those files by email.

Please use plain text.