Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Need someone to walk me through building to device.

Okay, copy the www folder into a new location, and look in the platforms directory for a blackberry10 folder and grab the config.xml file from the www folder.

Put that and the build.xml file into the new directory and try a build from there.

There will probably be some more things we need to resolve.

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Contributor
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: Simulated

Copying over the files and building at the new location resulted in the same issue.

I've left build.xml in the ant build script folder and redirected the base dir to the new folder.

Must be something in the files that is causing the packager to fail. In buildTasks.xml, can you find the line for packaging in bbos and add a -v to the list of parameters?

Should be line 180 - change this:

<arg line="${zip.name} -g ${sign.pw} -o ./${bin.bbos}"/>

To:

<arg line="${zip.name} -g ${sign.pw} -o ./${bin.bbos} -v"/>

That will give us more detailed output on why it's failing.

Tim Windsor
Contributor

That certainly provided more details. I think the issue is here:

[exec] Populating
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._url
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._appFolderName
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._appPosition
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._appNameResourceBundles
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._appNameResourceIds
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._contentFolder
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._languageResources
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._securityVendorIds
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._securityDescriptions
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._securityKeys
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources..UNDF
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._deps
     [exec] Warning!: No definition found for exported string: com.rim.resources.SCFPRIMResources._additionalOptions
     [exec] Fatal Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException
     [exec] [ERROR]     		RAPC exception occurred
     [echo] Finished

But I have no idea what that means.

I've never seen that message before either. I wonder if it's an issue with the config file, since the one you've got came from a Cordova app. Can you check for discrepancies between that and the documented one here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/html5/documentation/working_with_config_xml_file_1866970_11.ht...

Tim Windsor
Contributor

There was a reference to cordova I removed. But I'm still getting the error. Here is the full config.xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<widget id="SCFP" version="1.1.1.0" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets">
    <name>SCFP Roulette</name>
    <author>Yu Gao</author>
    <description>SCFP Roulette</description>
    <rim:Orientation mode="portrait" />
    <icon src="images/icon.png" />
    <content src="index.html" />
    <access uri="*" />
</widget>

That's pretty straightforward. Are there any files besides JavaScript, CSS and HTML in the code?

There are weird quirks with the BBOS packager, because of it's reliance on older tools. Have you got that BB10 device to test on as well?

Tim Windsor
Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was a .zip in the www folder from a build where I misdirected the script. Once I removed that it loaded the signature tool, which reported 10/432 then at some point froze.

All subsequent attempts have also failed.

How big is the COD file that is getting created? That seems abnormally high.

Can you verify what Java version you have on the command line? This part is pretty dependent on that.

It will take a long time as well. This was a particular pain point for many devs on the old platform. You may have to leave it for a bit.

Tim Windsor
Contributor

java -version returns 1.7, but JAVA_HOME refers to 1.6.0_45.

So it magically worked while I was trying to find the size of the COD file (didn't know where to look) must have been because I didn't tab away from it. So as always, a new error:

build.deploy.bbos.prod:
     [exec] RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
     [exec] Copyright 2001-2009 Research In Motion Limited
     [exec] Connecting to device...
     [exec] Connected             Loading ./bin/bbos/OTAInstall/SCFP.jad
     [exec] Error: The specified JAD file exceeds maximum size 16383
     [exec] 0 bytes sent at ~0 bps
     [exec] Disconnected