If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Alocaly
My Device: developer
My Carrier: Free Mobile

New SDK / Emulator weirdness...

Hi all, 

With my application 'ColorMe', a coloring game for kids, I witnessed some strange behaviours :

* First, my first submission was working completely OK on the previous emulator. But I had some reviews that were... surprising, saying that the application was 'sized for the iPad', and that we couldn't see the whole picture !

( here )

* As the new SDK emulator arrived, I tried it. And effectively, there was an issue with my image : there was a zoom effect on the image, so we could only see a small part of the image...

* So I changed the viewport meta information of my web page with : content="initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no, width=device-width, height=device-height".

Youpi !! No more size issue with my image, so everything seems nice !

But then I found that I had another issue : by clicking and moving the cursor at the same time, the whole game is scrolled, and reveal a ugly grey zone...

* So I check in this forum, and find a thread ( that I can't find anymore... ) were someone give the advice to put the real size in the viewport zone.

So now I have :

<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no, width=1024, height=600"/>

And I don't have any weird dragging issues anymore.

But then the last trouble arrived :

After 20 - 30 clicks, the application is no more responding : the clicks have no more effects.

To check if it was coming from my code, I added some code to call the click code with a random position every 100 ms. And it worked perfectly.

On the other side, I check with my other application ( a sliding puzzle ), and I have the same issue.

Am I the only one that have this issue ?

Is this issue also present on the real device ?

Is there anything I can do ?

Thanks for any input, 

Emmanuel / Alocaly

Please use plain text.