Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
let_it_go7
My Device: PlayBook

New and not

[ Edited ]

To impressed with this website. If you can't run. Exe on the PlayBook, why then are all the downloads .exe? To many times the last few days I have been directed to these forums and I can't find what I am looking for. This is not a user friendly Site. Where can I find out how to fix and install these downloads? Also I don't have a pc or smart phone, will this make a difference in learning how to develop?

I am extremely frustrated with this website. I really want to learn more about this kind of thing. 

Thank you 

New Developer
michaelwpg
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Re: New and not

None of the development tools are meant to be installed or run on the Playbook itself, rather on a Windows or Mac machine. If you don't have either, then your development efforts will be severely hindered.

As for not being able to find what you are looking for, please provide some information on what that might be, and perhaps the many helpful and knowledgeable people that frequent this board can lend a helping hand. I will also make the obligatory reference to the search box up at the top right of the page, although I do understand that can be tricky at times.

There is a ton of information to be had here, in written documentation, samples, tutorials, and plain old fashioned human interaction.

Drop me a reply and I will do what I can to not only direct you to relevant information, but to explain as best I can WHY I direct you there.