Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
YYZTOOL
My Device: Not Specified

No Access to servers that don't have DNS entries

I have a local server that is not accessable from the internet.  I can access the server locally from a PC but not my Blackberry.  The PC is being feed a local host table from my router.  The blackberry is access my local network through my WIFI Access Point and is being issued an IP from my main router.  The blackberry is however not getting or using the local DNS table that is feed from the main router.   Any way I can have this BB get local DNS information?  Is there a host table I can add to the BB like lmhosts on a PC?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Developer
YYZTOOL
My Device: Not Specified

Re: No Access to servers that don't have DNS entries

Just to add some more info -  I have tried adding the following ;

http://internal server IP address;interface=wifi;deviceside=true

however I get an apache server error Ïnvalid URI.  It seems from the internal server I want - so I am getting to the machine.  I just can't get the page to display.

Also,  I do not use BES to manage my local network. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: No Access to servers that don't have DNS entries

The Mobile Data System (MDS) component of the BES is what would allow your device to see local network resources. Without it, the device isn't getting local DNS information from anyone - it's connecting to the Internet through BIS (using your local wi-fi network).
Please use plain text.