Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

No options available after installing the plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.2

Hi!
I'm a new blackberry's developer and I'm trying to do my first sample.
I have experience with Microsoft.Net (Asp.Net & Vb.Net) but I never had made anything to a smartfone.

So, I followed this steps:
- I read the documentation;
- I downloaded the "Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.2";
- I downloaded the "Simulator 5.0";
- I installed the "Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.2";
- I installed the "Simulator 5.0".

Everything worked fine (I don't have received any error message).

After that, I tryed to initialize a "Hello World" application in Visual Studio 2008, but I can't find any blackberry's resources. There is no options in any menu of Visual Studio, there is no new project type, there is no option on "Add-in manager" menu.

I found a video where say to found the "BlackBerry Browser" on "Browser with..." menu of my project (when I click with the right button's mouse), but this option is not there. I don't have any references to any BlackBerry's library or resources on my VS2008.

Can anyone help me?

I'm grateful for your attention.

Best regards,

João Paulo.

joao.lino@ospra.com.br

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: No options available after installing the plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.2

If you are looking to build a BlackBerry Widget using Visual Studio, you must download the Version 2.0 Beta of the Visual Studio plug-in.

The version 1.2 only provides web debugging for ASP.NET projects.

The 2.0 Beta can be found here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/devbetasoftware/eclipseplugin.jsp

Both the Eclipse and Visual Studio Beta 2.0 plug-ins can be downloaded from that page, so make sure you grab the right one :smileyhappy:

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

Re: No options available after installing the plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.2

Hi tneil!

Thanks by the helping.

I downloaded the version 2.0 Beta, I uninstalled all wrong versions that I have instaled, and installed this version (2.0 Beta).

Now I can see a new project type available in the Visual Studio 2008, but I still have a problem.

When I go to "Browse with..." in my project menu, I can't see the option "Blackberry browser". So, I can't see any website on the BlackBerry's simulator. Apparently, the other features are working ok.

Did you have any idea what's happening or what's this issue?

Thanks again!

João Paulo.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Check out the following thread.. It should give you manual steps on how to get the BlackBerry Browser in the "Browse With.." dialog

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/I-dont-see-BlacberryBrowser-in-quot-Browse-wi...

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

It's working! Thank you!