Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
annuk
My Device: Torch 9800

Not able to swipe in tab menu in bbui

Hi,

I am using the tab menu provided by bbui.

<div data-bb-type="screen" data-bb-effect="fade">
	  <div data-bb-type="action-bar"   data-bb-tab-style="highlight">
      <div data-bb-type="action" data-bb-style="tab" data-bb-overflow="true" data-bb-img="cog.png">Do Something</div>
      <div data-bb-type="action" data-bb-style="tab" data-bb-overflow="true" data-bb-img="cog.png">Smart</div>
      <div data-bb-type="action" data-bb-style="tab" data-bb-overflow="true" data-bb-img="cog.png">Delete</div>
  </div>
</div>

But the menu opens only on click of the action bar.  I am not able to swipe to open the menu. I want to do it similar to the contacts application in bb10.

How can it be acheived. I tried the sample code provided but it is also not allowing me to swipe.

<div data-bb-type="action-bar">
		<div id="tabAction" data-bb-type="action" data-bb-style="tab" data-bb-selected="true" data-bb-img="images/actionBar/cog_dark_theme.png" onclick="alert('You clicked Find');">Find</div>
		<div id="tabOverflowAction" data-bb-type="action" data-bb-style="tab" data-bb-overflow="true" data-bb-img="images/actionBar/cog_dark_theme.png" onclick="alert('You clicked Overflow');">Overflow</div>
		<div id="findAction" data-bb-type="action" data-bb-style="button"  data-bb-img="images/actionBar/cog_dark_theme.png" onclick="alert('You clicked Find');">Find</div>
		<div id="actionOverflowAction" data-bb-type="action" data-bb-style="button" data-bb-overflow="true" data-bb-img="images/actionBar/cog_dark_theme.png" onclick="alert('You clicked Find 2');">Find 2</div>
	</div>

What am I doing wrong. Please help.

Regards,

Annuk

Trusted Contributor
neilwick
My Device: Bold 9790

Re: Not able to swipe in tab menu in bbui

You're probably not doing anything wrong. It doesn't work in the samples app either and it appears that this is a feature that hasn't been ported yet from Cascades to bbUI. There may even be a licensing restriction preventing it from being added.