Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

OS 5 Navigation mode and multiple inputs on the same line

[ Edited ]

I found a quirk today when trying to make sure an application was OS 5 & 6 compatible.

If RIM Navigation mode is on, and you have a date and a time input both on the same line, a couple of issues occur. 

1 - You can't activate the Date/Time selection control by clicking the trackpad on either input ( as talked about in this old devblog post.).

2 - If you just attempt to manually type in the field, you can only change the first portion of that input. If it is a Date input, you can only change the day. If it is a time input, you can only change the hours.

<div id='swabTime'>
  <div class='needsPad'>
    <label class='label'>Swab Start:</label>
    <input style='float:right;' class='inputTime' type="time" id="swabStartTime" value="00:00" step="5" onBlur="checkForTime('swabStartTime');"/>

<input style='float:right;' class='inputDate' type="date" id="swabStartDate" value="" onBlur="checkForDate('swabStartDate');"/>

</div>
  <div class='needsPad'>
    <label class='label'>Swab Finish:</label>
    <input style='float:right;' class='inputTime' type="time" id="swabFinTime" value="00:00" onBlur="checkForTime('swabFinTime');"/>
    <input style='float:right;' class='inputDate' type="date" id="swabFinDate" value="" onBlur="checkForDate('swabFinDate');"/>
  </div>
  <div class='needsPad'>
    <label class='label'>Comments:</label>
    <input id='swabComments' type="text" class='formInput' />
  </div>
</div>

3215i7457FC9DD9E44285

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Bmobile

Re: OS 5 Navigation mode and multiple inputs on the same line

I'm having the same issue, and have had to use the cursor based navigation so far if i want the date picker scroll to appear, have you found a way around this or a solution?

Thanks.