Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
lathajagan
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

OTA for BB10 application

Hello All,

I need to support OTA for my application which is based on BB10 OS and with HTML5 and JQUERY.

can any one please let me know what is the proceedure for the same, i came to know from my collegues that for BB4-7 i need create some file called jad and then install that too on my phone, what is the proceedure for BB10 then.

which location i need to download the files from server on filesystem of BB10 phone.

let me know please.

--------
- If a post contains the solution to the problem, please click "Accept as Solution"
- If a post contains helpful content, please give it a "Thumbs Up"

developer.blackberry.com
@BlackBerryDev
Please use plain text.
Developer
kedar123pro
My Device: Dev Alpha C and Torch 9800
My Carrier: TATA Docomo

Re: OTA for BB10 application

You can install apps directly from BB World. OTA installation not supported in BB10.

Web Works Developer. Cofounder @ Team Helium.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Orange

i am also have same type of issue. can any one give example by using any app sever. i knew on OS 7.0 we can use JAD file and keep cod and jad file in any application sever . do we have same kind of feature in BB10

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

This is an interesting one I needed some chance to research

If you stick a BAR on a server it is not able to be opened via any obvious means on a BB10 device

You should be aware that a BAR is just a ZIP file - it is easy to manipulate one back to the original source

If this were for a corporate network this shouldn't be a huge issue

When you submit to BBW everything gets encrypted and it is impossible (I've tried) to access the source - I guess BB can do it but the usual SSH stuff won't let you near it (which is good news)

When sending a BAR to someone I trust I get them to side-load a signed app but this is not appropriate for corporate use

A solution a company I worked with a few months ago came up with a good plan...

Release a loader as an app - require the user to sign in (corporate networks should already have all the details). After this use AJAX and MANIFEST,MF to update the app (it works nicely)

Sorry I can't supply a better solution but this tech works

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.