Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
theames
My Device: iPhone hahaha
My Carrier: 07403500174

Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the file specified.

Using the ripple emulator via Chrome

Platform is WebWorks 2.0.0

My settings are correct and the SDK path is set to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5

I have ripple services running and this is the result shown in the command prompt window after the error is shown:

error response - {"code":1,"msg":"CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the fil
e specified.\r\n","data":null}
2012-06-23 14:39:02 GET /ripple/build_status/8197 200
2012-06-23 14:41:25 POST /ripple/build/smartphone 200
Checking output path c:/LondonBus/BS/
Path already exists
Running zip in c:\LondonBus
exec - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\Ripple 0.9.5.0\services\node\n
ode_modules\rbd/../../../bin/zip.exe" -x "\BS/"* @ -r "c:\LondonBus\BS/LiveBusLo
ndon321.zip" *
error: CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the file specified.

error response - {"code":1,"msg":"CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the fil
e specified.\r\n","data":null}
2012-06-23 14:41:26 GET /ripple/build_status/5644 200

This was working a week ago, i have no idea what has happened please help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theames

Re: Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the file specified.

From what I can gather its failing to create the zip file. No zip file is generated in the build folder. Also not sure why it's adding 123 to the end of the zip name. That might of been me I'm not at home so can't check. I just read that the zip file name needs to be 10 characters max?!? I'm going to try changing the project name to something shorter when I get back. If that fails I'll just create my own zip and see if that works. As far as I know the zip is just a zip file containing all the source. Will post back when I've had a chance to check out more
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the file specified.

use the forum search. I dont remember what the reason was but i saw a similar post just yesterday and i posted many other posts that had the same issue. :smileyhappy:

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

NVM here is it

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Package-and-Sign/m-p/1780837#M25...

Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theames

This is all related to a different error message. Thanks anyway. Will have to wait until tomorrow before I can try anything else
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

error sounds like you are referencing the wrong file directory. did you remember to include the .zip file in ur directory?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theames

I thought ripple created the zip?
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

i find using command line to build is much easier :smileytongue:..

maybe u refernce the folder wrong though... 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theames

Well this is annoying.

The build via the command line works just fine. SO it's just Ripple being stupid! It was working fine with the settings I have and all of a sudden it ain't playing fair.

I can deal with using the command line but it's a pain! I now need to work out how to sign it via the command line and also how to install the cod on the simulators since the Ripple simulator doesn't actually do a great job of replicating how it's actually going to look on a device at all!

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

put your command line stuff in a text file renamed to AnyName.bat < (with bat extention) everytime u build for playbook or bb10 u just have to increment the buildid by 1 save and then click it. For bbos u just click it and it will build =)

Please use plain text.