Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
rcao
My Device: Not Specified

On JavaScript extension

I have created a JavaScript extension. and created a widget then deploy it to simulator.  but it can't work. it gives an error message like "Module xxx has verification error 1677 at...".

here is the special thing. In my extension, I have two other Java libraries referenced. In the widget, I have to import them into project, otherwise I can't pass the compile.

then in generating all the package and deploy to simulator, these two libraries are all included.

I have tried two ways:

1. if I have source codes of the libraries, then I can generate a jar in source, then it can work.

2. currently, I don't have the source of the two libraries, but I have the cod file of the two libraries. I just wonder if in calling bbwp, I can offer it parameters like these it doesn't have to include the two libraries in it. it may work? Do we have method on this?

3. I just wonder if I just want to provide customer's a JavaScript extension, and I don't want to give them *.java, just *.class. can it work?

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: On JavaScript extension

Hi rcao,

To answer your questions:

1) Yes - you need to provide the full source code of all functionality you include in an Extension.  This is required for bbwp.exe to compile the application properly.

2) and 3) No - you cannot reference compiled 3rd party libraries from your JavaScript extension.  As of today, you must provide the full source code of these libraries.  

I'm aware that the WebWorks dev team has plans to enhance the platform at a future date to allow developers to include compiled code / libraries.  However at this point in time this is not possible.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.