Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Lots

Orientation Problem with CURVE 9360 and WebWorks

Further to my previous and unanswered post about a significant database problem that occurs ONLY on CURVE 9360 devices I have found a further issue that again manifests ONLY on the CURVE 9360...

Using the 2.3 SDK and the new <rim:smileysurprised:rientation mode="portrait" /> config element the application is rendered sidewides on the CURVE 9360.

On all other devices we've tested the application is rendered correctly.

To make it work on all devices I've had to revert to using the SDK orientation hack (editing the Widget.java file) and setting the orientation to NORTH...

int directions = net.rim.device.api.system.Display.DIRECTION_NORTH;
net.rim.device.api.ui.Ui.getUiEngineInstance().setAcceptableDirections(directions);

Lame.

Retired
My Device: Bold

Re: Orientation Problem with CURVE 9360 and WebWorks

Thanks for posting this HggieLad. We're looking into it.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Contributor

Its a bit of strange one really because surely the definition of the portrait orientation is that the sides are longer than the top/bottom. 

If that were the case in "portrait" mode I'd expect an app to render upright on TORCH devices and sidewides on BOLD and CURVE devices.

So NORTH does make more sense (if its in relation to the keyboard) so perhaps a <rim:smileysurprised:rientation mode="north" /> would be a nice option?

Retired
My Device: Bold

Hi HaggieLad,

Our testing team did some investigations and found it fine on recent 7.0 builds. Do you have a list of builds where this is the case?

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Contributor

The device in question has "7.0 Bundle 1825 (v7.0.0.400, Platform 8.0.0.419)"

Contributor
My Device: none

I have had this issue with the 9900 for some time also.  I just lived with it and modified the widget.java to handle the orientation.

With SDK 2.3,  I just set it to landscape in the config and it works as if it was portrait.

I found that the 9360 is doing this also after a customer pointed it out. :smileysad: It looked OK in the downloaded simulator and ripple.

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10

[ Edited ]

A client has recently gotten back to us as well with the same orientation problem on the 9360. I of course ran it through the simulator and it worked fine, so I was unable to recreate the problem hence unable to fix the issue.

Has anyone found anything helpful?? The post is a little old, has this been fixed???

By the way our client with the issue was using OS 7.0.0.319. Has this been resolved in later updates??

Thanks!