Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

PB + BB10 - access Contacts, Appointments, ...

Hi everone.

I'm searching for something available for PlayBook and BB10 to access the appointments or contacts. On BB OS 5+ for SmartPhones there is the PIM (eg. appointments) but on PB and BB10 it seems we aren't able to access such things yet??

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: PB + BB10 - access Contacts, Appointments, ...

You are correct and we have zero visibility YET on when this is coming, but we were promised a high level roadmap, so the wait should be soon over :smileyhappy:

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP

I just saw, on Github there is already a feature request about the PIM in BB10 WebWorks framework, maybe we can add our ideas or concerns before the API is out?!

Please use plain text.
Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

The problem with that list is that it's a big melting pot and it has not been reliable in the past. You can see that, for now, the PIM API won't make it into R8, but it doesn't make sense, since there will be an API freeze in less than a month.

AFAIK, github issues are filled by RIM employees, but I don't see why we wouldn't be able to add our own if using the same format.

The problem is: What should we add? Lists have been made on these forums in the past, but RIM has not engaged with us. We're hoping for native APIs to make it into WebWorks, but RIM is very (too?)quiet about that. There is no word about when major RIM APIs like advertising or BBM will make it.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP

I add my ideas and thoughts to the github lists since Adam mentioned to do so and I also get some feedback on my requests. I also see the demand we have on the one or on the other feature, API or documentation issue and that it would even be better and save RIM and us app-devs a lot of time when reading in rest what we discussed here or in the repos.

BTW: It seems the bridge between Native and WebWorks is already in there, I pointed some things out in the thread about BB10 WebWorks extensions, maybe you have a closer look at it to discuss in more detail? I had a closer look at the WebWorks extension example I linked to in the other thread and it looks promising, but even that the example is really complex without the global focus over all the things possible with Native and WebWorks and this is way too much for me at this time.

Please use plain text.