Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
Guestlista
My Device: Curve 9360

PHP/JSON/Webworks/bbui.js

Hi im quite new to the whole webworks thing. I'm trying to create an app that will be able to be updated via a backend eg. adding new items to a list. Is this possible? are there any tutorials on how to do this? Any help would be extremely appreciated. :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Re: PHP/JSON/Webworks/busies

Hi there,

I would start out by taking a look at the bbUI samples here ( https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/tree/master/samples ).  There's an example under "Dynamic Screen Content" which does this exact thing, which should help get you pointed in the right direction :smileywink:

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Guestlista

Re: PHP/JSON/Webworks/bbui.js

Thanks that helped make things a bit clearer. You don't perhaps know if it's possible to use the bbui.js framework as a base to create a theme for wordpress? That would make my life a whole lot easier!
Please use plain text.
chadtatro

No, it's really only designed to work on BlackBerry Smartphones.  If you goal is to have your blog turn into an app on the phone, you could still use bbUI for the app, then just grab the content from your blog like we talked about earlier :smileywink:

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Guestlista

aah yes! its not really a blog, more like an events listing app. but would i use JSON/PHP to retrieve the data directly from the database or from the website itself. currently there is no website so i would just want to add info to the database and the app will just retrieve new content. please tell me if I'm making any sense :Online2long:

Please use plain text.
chadtatro

Yup.  If you end up using WordPress, you should be able to grab the content via its RSS feed, parse it, and display it in your app however you choose.

Please use plain text.
anzor_b
My Device: White BlackBerry 10

Wordpress also has a great JSON API plugin, so you don't have to convert XML RSS to JSON :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.