Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
murryivanoff
My Device: None

Re: Package-Author in Manifest not set to [blah blah company inc.]

Hi,

the blackberry-tablet.xml now has this content:

<qnx>
<initialWindow>
<systemChrome>none</systemChrome>
<transparent>true</transparent>
</initialWindow>
<publisher>Marian Ivanov</publisher>
<category>core.internet</category>

</qnx>

But it still tries to sign the app as "Sample Inc".

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
kwhatmough
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Hi murryivanoff,

Did you try cleaning-out the intermediate and output folders that you are using? (In your case the ones that you are specifying in bbwp ... -s archive_source  -o "C:\output")

New Contributor
murryivanoff

Hi,

yes, I'm deleting all the generated files (the bar and the 'sign' file) everytime I'm compiling. I just removed the whole directory (C:\output), restarted my computer, runned cmd.exe as an administrator and re-tried. Still Sample Inc. I'm starting to believe in Black Magick...

kwhatmough

Hi murryivanoff,

Try specifying a "-s" location that is not under your Program Files area on disk. For example, try "-s c:\archive_src" instead of a relative path. Or, try not specifying "-s" at all.

New Contributor
murryivanoff

Hi there,

I've tried without the -s parameter and also with -s set to "C:\archiveoutput". It still doesn't work. When I opened the "blackberry-tablet.xml" in the C:\archiveoutput there's a tag "published" that says "Sample Inc.". However, the config.xml has <Package-Author>Marian Ivanov</Package-Author>. Please tell me you're not out of ideas :-)

kwhatmough

Hi murryivanoff,

I wish I could :-)

In v1.0.0.23 only <developer_cn_signature> in "bbwp.properties" controls Package-Author, and we've already confirmed that you are using v1.0.0.23 and that you have set <developer_cn_signature> inside your bbwp.properties. Are you absolutely sure that there are no <!-- and --> surrounding the <developer_cn_signature> element or one of its surrounding elements? And that you are modifying the correct version of bbwp.properties (if there is more than one on your system)?

New Contributor
murryivanoff

Guys, I am so embarrassed! Looks like my usual editors (phpDesigner and Notepad++) have some kind of caching system. Looks like they really don't have the right to save files in the "C:\Program Files" folder in Vista but they are both saying that saving is ok and when I later open the file with them the file is with the uncommented and changed tags. However, just in case I opened the file with the good old Notepad today and guess what, it was the default bbwp...

I feel really lame and I'm sorry for fooling you.

My unsigned app was approved today (have no idea how it happened thought, maybe you guys need to check every submitted file for signing). However, I just submitted a new release with the signed bar file.

Once again, sorry and thank you for your time!

Cheers

kwhatmough

Hi murryivanoff,

That's great news! (No apologies needed!)

Glad to hear it is working now!