Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
TheOncomingStorm
My Device: Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

Package and Launch in Ripple

I'm having problems launching applications from Ripple. I've even gone 'back to basics' and followed the 'Hello World' example, and everything works fine apart from the app not launching in either the VM machine or my 'real' Playbook.

I'm following all the instructions to the letter but can't get anything to run so I can test it! There are no error messages.

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow...
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Package and Launch in Ripple

The "Package and Launch" feature of Ripple allows you to build an unsigned version of your application and deploy it to a target device.

Note: if you are targeting a live device, you must have a debug token installed on that device, and build the application with "Web Inspector Debugging" enabled (this activates the internal debug token flag for your app).

I just confirmed this feature is working properly by deploying an app from Ripple to the simulator. Can you confirm that you can deploy your application to your VM machine using the blackberry-deploy command line tool?  If this is also not possible, I suspect there is a communication issue (do you use VPN? It may be interfering).

The quality of error messages displayed by Ripple does need to improve.  I have the following issue logged for this, please feel free to add your comments too:

https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-Framework/issues/96

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
TheOncomingStorm
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Package and Launch in Ripple

I traced the problem to an issue with my Java installation. After reinstalling the problem was solved and I managed to test my application on a 'real' Playbook. Thank you for your help.
Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow...
Please use plain text.