Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Packaging Error -Build request failed with message,The directory name is invalid

The input folder should contain the raw files - Ripple will create the zip file itself.

Tim Windsor
Application Development Consultant
Please use plain text.
Developer
rakesh86shankar

Re: Packaging Error -Build request failed with message,The directory name is invalid

hI Twindsor,

I tried as you suggested,putting the raw files in RippleInput folderIssueRipple.jpg,still i am getting the same error,I placed

Ripple :: Environment Warming Up (Tea. Earl Gray. Hot.)
/ripple/config.xmlFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
ripple.js:351WebWorks :: Initialization Finished (Make it so.)

/ripple/config.xmlFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Please use plain text.
twindsor

I think something is wrong with your Ripple installation. I'd suggest trying a reinstall.

Tim Windsor
Please use plain text.
Developer
rakesh86shankar

Hi,

I tried reinstalling  the riipple software,and after the reinstallation,i was not able to open the ripple,it was showing the error An alert window named" "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library",and then i changed the content in Config.ini as suggessted,but still now i am getting same issue,

I am not using signature keys, and during the package ,i am getting the same error.

Regards

Rakesh shankar.P

Please use plain text.
gtanner

The 404 errors for getting the config.xml are fine.  It is just ripple attempting to XHR over the app's config.xml document to parse it. 
If you don't have one in your app it will obviously get a 404, which is an expected error.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rakesh86shankar

I am having it in my app folder as you told
Please use plain text.
twindsor

Make sure you are using the latest Chrome plugin version of Ripple - not the standalone client. We've updated it recently and there should be a fix going out tomorrow as well, which will automatically get updated.

Tim Windsor
Please use plain text.
Developer
rakesh86shankar

How can i take the build out from ripple  - not a stand alone one?

Can you be clear on it.I am having the updated chrome.

Regards

Rakesh Shankar.P

Please use plain text.
twindsor

The screenshot you show is of the Ripple emulator running as it's own application. That is an older version.

If you install the latest version from here: https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/downloads/fetch/Install_Ripple_Beta.exe

It's installed as a Chrome plugin. Then you visit your local webserver in Chrome to load the projects, and view them with Ripple. You also need to run the Ripple Services file to do the building. Instructions are here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_getting_started/use_the_ripple_emulator_chro...

Tim Windsor
Please use plain text.