Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
daveross12345
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Passing BES user info along in proxied traffic?

Is there any way, without prompting users for credentials, to get the BES/MDS service to pass along information about which blackberry user is browsing an intranet site/application?

The idea here is to capture information (and potentially restrict access) about who is accessing certain Intranet applications using their blackberry. Since the apps are homegrown, we can do just about anything, but the MDS service out of the box does not seem to  pass any useful information about the user along with the proxied web traffic. I'm looking for something in a header, url parameter, whatever. Something that tells me who's using the app via. MDS (and purposely NOT asking the user to tell me via. a login prompt).

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Passing BES user info along in proxied traffic?

Sure, you can use the MDS configuration setting application.handler.http.header to specify whether you want the device PIN and/or email address added to the HTTP header for any HTTP request processed by MDS.

Please use plain text.