Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
timdw5s
My Device: Not Specified

Passing Parameters to Pages

I have 2 different html files that I navigate between.  Is there a way in a webworks application, like in a web application to pass values between them like in the querystring?  I tried the querystring and it didn't work when using the local:/// address.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Passing Parameters to Pages

Are you experiencing this issue on the PlayBook?  if so, this is a known issue with the local:/// protocol on the existing simulators.  It has since been corrected and will be released in the next simulator build.

If it is on a BlackBerry Smartphone, this should be working.  If it isn't, can you post the how you are navigating between pages.. i.e. via an anchor tag or window.location etc.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
timdw5s
My Device: Not Specified

Yes this is for the Playbook simulator.  The local: tag works to go from one page to another, but I was trying to use the querystring to pass a value and it breaks the link.  Wondering how you pass values from one page to the next then?  Or is that the way to do it, but it is just broken on the Playbook?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

That is the way you do it.. it is just broken in the current Beta simulator

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.