Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Performance Issue

We have developed an application that allows managers to get data on their mobile devices.  The application is rather simple and the HTML is real simple.  However, we are having severe performance issues with the pages loading in the BlackBerry browser.  We are mostly testing on BlackBerry Storms (9530) with OS 4.7 and 5.0.

For a comparison, I loaded Opera Mini on my Storm and the pages load in seconds, whereas the native browser will take (literally) up to 2 mintues to load the same page.

When the page address is entered and I hit "go", the status bar says "Requesting..." for a 90+ percent of them time.  It then eventually switches to "Loading Data..." and the page loads within a few seconds.

We have taken out almost all javascript (just a couple of pages use it), simplified the CSS as much as possible, etc.  This one is kicking my rear.  I cannot figure out why Opera Mini on the same device loads the pages in so much less time.  What does it mean if loading the page it stays on "Requesting..." for so long.

Does anyone have any pointers to push me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any help!