Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

AS4More
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a

PhoneGap [Invalid application archive - resource name is not valid(_notes/.mno)]

Right I've noticed this and other such errors for months now.

Invalid application archive - resource name is not valid(_notes/.mno)

When building via Dreamweaver through PhoneGap HTML5 (aka Java and jQuery) interface.

[PhonGap Version 2.2.0, jQuery 1.9.0 and other irrelivant info]

Ultimately last time I thought it seemsed to be related to invalid characters in filenames.

I just wanted to say to someone there in the backend of BB that...

I will not be changing my code to accomidate BB Builds and I suggest you guys change your issues to comply with everybody else as there will be one code bas for all plateforms.

That file is a dreamweaver FTP server record for syncing or something. Yes PhoneGap should provide a filtering system per build to avoid those and unneeded in a final build type files and ya I'll be cleaning up later, but because of that short coming too, but ultimately this error does not happen for the other plateforms, just BB.

I'm thinking and recalling (after deleting those months ago) that the entire file structure I use with my file structure containing version numbers containing [filename-01.ext] dashes that this character is in violation but not of any spec in HTML5.

It wouldn't take long to get one developer to try it, see your entire filestructure limitation design is wrong (in violation of the specs), and that it should be scrapped, fixed, and/or majically become more leniant by deleting a few lines of code.

Thank you for listening, good luck with your new version. May it actually start successfully allowing building apps at PhoneGap if it isn't already too late.

On a lighter note if someone knows a simple fix or build flag etc. it's best if that be brought to the attention of the phonegap people who I'm sure have already also bothered to tell you what you should do to make it work already or they would have done it themselves.
 So I care enough to tell you but I don't care enough to lift a finger more then that.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: PhoneGap [Invalid application archive - resource name is not valid(_notes/.mno)]

Wrong forum sorry, I will ask for this to be moved here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/bd-p/browser_dev

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: PhoneGap [Invalid application archive - resource name is not valid(_notes/.mno)]

hey AS4More,

Welcome to the forums -- have you tried using Ripple to compile your app? I use a MAC and there are a lot of .DS_STORE files that cause errors when building manually via Termina -- but using Ripple it is able to filter out bad extensions. Here is a link for more info:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/

good luck!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Interested to see what happens if you don't use Dreamweaver.  I'm able to package PhoneGap apps on my Mac via terminal with none of these issues.

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.