Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
mr_subtle
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Phonegap Database API not working on BBOS10 Sim, but works fine on iOS

Hey all,

Reaching out to the community as I haven't been able to figure this out, and I;m getting to the point where I'm about t give up releasing my app for BB OS10.

I'm using Phonegap, not raw WebWorks.  In my iOS project, the database api works perfectly.  Deploying the same code to OS10 generates an Unknown error through the Web Inspector.

As far as I can see, the code is correct - exactly as the examples in the Phonegap API are written, plus - like I said - it works when deployed to iOS.

I'm not posting any code, because I don't know what to post.  My code appears exactly as it appears in the API documentation.  I'm concerned it's something to do with the config.xml file, or some other factor that I'm not knowledgable in with regards to BB Dev.

Anyone know of any common issues right off the bat I should get out of the way first?

I know that's pretty broad, so if you need anything to help answer the question a bit better - let me know what, and I'll get it as soon as possible.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Phonegap Database API not working on BBOS10 Sim, but works fine on iOS

In my initial testing of PhoneGap on BB10, the storage API seemed to work fine for me.

Here's the sample app from our GitHub repo if you'd like to try that on the SIM, and compare - https://github.com/blackberry/Cordova-Samples/tree/master/BB10-Bootstrap

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.