Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
Betsy_Robert
My Device: Blackberry 9780

Phonegap and Jquery Mobile applications on Blackberry

Hello,

I have just started wroking on Jquery Mobile wrapped in phonegap for blackberry phones. I have a few screens with tabbars, navigation bars , collapsible lists etc.

The issue is with rendering the navigation bars which are included in the footer. There seems to be a lag while loading the pages and the navigation bars, they get all distorted and out of place but, after a few seconds fall back to the correct place. 

The  arrow images that appear with the lists are not displaying correctly. There is a box around these default images andicons. The page transitions are clumsy and the text boxes seem to be getting a blue wierd looking highlight around them.

All these issues do not occur on an Android phone.

Could someone please help me to fix these rendering issues.

Looking forward for any help.

Thanks a million in advance.

Regards.

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Phonegap and Jquery Mobile applications on Blackberry

Sorry for the delayed response in this reply - are you still experiencing rendering problems?

If so, which BlackBerry devices are you testing on? Also, are you downloading any resource files (CSS or JavaScript) from the app, or is everything packaged locally?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Contributor
Betsy_Robert
My Device: Blackberry 9780

Re: Phonegap and Jquery Mobile applications on Blackberry

I have not packaged the resource file locally, they were linked from the CDN.

The issue with the shadows around the icons was resolved. I had specified some custom CSS since I wanted the page the look a certain way, I removed the custom CSS and the shoadows were gone. 

The page distortion on scroll was resolved by simply removing the data-position="fixed" attribute.

I still have issues with respect to page transitions (non-ajax transitions), on the blackberry pages take a pretty long time to load.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,